Exercise Englands Fusilier Mon 14th April

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by DehavM, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, Is anyone going down to Exercise England's Fusilier course on monday 14th april - friday 18th april? My cousin who works in recruitment has set me up on this course, as i told him i was interested in the army, hes also gonna be one of the instructors there so im guessing hes gonna give me a beasting! Im looking forward to it.

Also just an opinion; Ive been hammering the gym for the last 4 years but its all been weight training and no fitness,. Im 21, 6'1" and weigh 16.5 stone. Im a pritty big lad so im pritty heavy when i run. And ill be the first say im totally unfit.

I can do press up's and sit up's for england so ill be ok in that area, heaves i think i could do a few, not many, but i havent done them in years. Ive started running and been doing this for about 3 weeks now and ive got my 1.5 mile time down to 11:35. Obviously i need to improve on my run time, im thinking of getting it down to 10:30, as ive read thats whats needed to pass phase 1.

Any tips/suggestions would be gratefull. I.e. what run time i should be aiming for before i go to ADSC ect.

Cheers lads