Exercise Englands Fusilier Mon 14th April

Hey guys, Is anyone going down to Exercise England's Fusilier course on monday 14th april - friday 18th april? My cousin who works in recruitment has set me up on this course, as i told him i was interested in the army, hes also gonna be one of the instructors there so im guessing hes gonna give me a beasting! Im looking forward to it.

Also just an opinion; Ive been hammering the gym for the last 4 years but its all been weight training and no fitness,. Im 21, 6'1" and weigh 16.5 stone. Im a pritty big lad so im pritty heavy when i run. And ill be the first say im totally unfit.

I can do press up's and sit up's for england so ill be ok in that area, heaves i think i could do a few, not many, but i havent done them in years. Ive started running and been doing this for about 3 weeks now and ive got my 1.5 mile time down to 11:35. Obviously i need to improve on my run time, im thinking of getting it down to 10:30, as ive read thats whats needed to pass phase 1.

Any tips/suggestions would be gratefull. I.e. what run time i should be aiming for before i go to ADSC ect.

Cheers lads

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Training Wing 17
Gas Gas Gas Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
Sekundra Officers 7