Execution of a Teenage Girl-BBC2- 9pm 27 July.06.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hat20, Jul 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else catch this programme? its a shame it did not get a prime time slot on BBC1. it left me disgusted,horrified and deeply moved for the brave girl who stood up to the mullahs but in the end was denied any justice under 'sharia law'

'The Iranian judge who had sentenced Atefeh to death was left unmoved as he personally put the noose around her neck and signalled to the crane driver.

Kicking and screaming, Atefeh was left dangling for 45 minutes from the arm of the crane as the crowd sobbed and - under their breath - damned the mullahs.

Atefeh's crime? Offending public morality. She was found guilty of "acts incompatible with chastity" by having sex with an unmarried man, even though friends say Atefeh was in such a fragile mental state that she wasn't in a position to say no'
    link

2. I bet the unmarried man was not given the same treatment!

3. PENALTIES imposed by Iran's religious mullahs include:

THEFT: Amputation of hands or feet for persistent offenders.

ADULTERY: Death by stoning.

UNMARRIED SEX: 100 lashes.

CONVERSION TO RELIGION OTHER THAN ISLAM: Death.

SODOMY: Death for adults, 74 lashes for consenting child.

LESBIANISM: 100 lashes, or on the fourth occasion death.

HOMOSEXUAL KISS: 60 lashes.

RUBBING ANOTHER MAN'S THIGHS OR BUTTOCKS: 99 lashes - on 4th occasion, death.

And of cause these people are only doing gods wishes Yeah right

4. turbaned filth

5. 'sharia law' states that the age of consent for a 'woman' is nine!

Anybody comes near my daughter at that age they would be eating their own nuts.

J

6. Such a nice country Iran, I do hope one day I can fly over it as the mushroom clouds cover the sky.

7. Let's not involve the Sikhs, They are ok.!

8. Ahhh the justice of the religion of peace... all done in the name of God too. We shouldn't complain really, we must embrace the rich culture of Islam, after all it's intolerant of us to criticise.

I look forward to the sight of two suns setting over Tehran one day.

9. Hat,

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I saw it was on and read about it, that alone left me in a rage.

Unfortunately it isn't just Iran that will execute children. The 'good ole' USA has executed the same number from 1990 to the current date. The use of the death penalty for crimes committed by people younger than 18 is prohibited under international human rights law. Yet still they persist.

For the full details from Amnesty International - click here http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpenalty-children-stats-eng

Ice :x

10. Judge_John

'Let's not involve the Sikhs, They are ok.!'

Your right, my heartfelt apologies to the followers of the Guru.

11. Funny how all the "Death to peados", "Hang murderers" "Bring back flogging" brigade suddenly shut the fcuk up when they see their wishes being used on real live people....

12. I did catch the program and hailing from a "Westernised Christian" background found the whole ordeal incomprehensible. Although I am sure there are many who abide by 'sharia law' who will also contest that her killing was unlawful.

She was a 16 year old child who was executed for being the subject of repeated sexual abuse by a 51 year old male, the abuse began when she was 13. She had 3 other charges against her for crimes against chastity which included to be found alone with a male in a car.

Whether you can agree with 'Sharia law' or not, what made her execution even more spurious was the personal attention given to the case by the judge. Judges in these trials sit as Judge, Jury and in this case Executioner too. He hand delivered her sentence for approval to the senior council and pushed her case through in 30 days, normally it would take up to 6 months. But what made her case even more floored was that the judge documented her age as 22. The senior council had given a reprieve of execution to all those under 18. The family produced her birth certificate proving she was 16 and whilst on her case notes she was documented as 22 her subsequent death certificate recorded her age as 16????

Where to people turn in these circumstances to seek justice?

13. me too, any survivors, napalmed :twisted:, apparently she was actually raped by this man. and the final accusation was a petition apparently made by members of her neighbourhood, no signatures were on the petition but the moral policemens who abused her.

14. She was none of the above although the 51 year old man who raped her did receive a sentence of 95 lashes for his 3 years of systematic abuse to a child. He of course had the money to offer the court in exchange for his lashes.

15. What? The girl did not commit any crime..........I think you will find that is a minor difference!