Excommunication and other door step thinking.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by LordVonHarley, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I spent most of Wednesday afternoon/evening locked out of my flat, armed only with a packet of fags, a tin of chopped tomatoes, a copy of the evening news and 83p in change. No phone and no wallet.

While sitting on the step I got to thinking about a lot of things, the cause of piles was one, but I did get to thinking of things Holy and whether or not the Pope excommunicates any more. What do you have to do to be dammed to Hell forever? Sadly a Jehovah Witness did not come knocking for me to ask these sorts of questions.

Other than raping alter boys or forming your own church to get a quickie divorce what will get you kicked of Gods list?

2. Walking acros the square?

Eternal Damnation = the above with hands in your pockets and a mincing gait!

3. When has that ever offended the disciplinary arm of the church? Both C of E and Catholic church are full of paedos who have been quietly moved to another parish to avoid flak from outside

4. Being in the IRA

May 1939...

5. I reckon that if the pope read cernunnos' lezzer thread, he would have him thrown out to spend eternity with beelzebub's older uglier sister!!!

6. Top thread that, the thing is, the Pope has actually read that, and being a Jerry himself, actually sympathises, and feels, on ballance, that cernunnos might actually relish the prospect, so, for now, he is safely with us here on earth

7. Not so much walking across, but being "on the square" will do it every time.

Tubs (ex-catholic)

8. I think God is pro Lezzer as he knows as long as there is forbidden Lady Love then he will always have Nun's.

9. The Pope has excommunicated a lot of Priests for kiddie fiddling

ideally there should be a lot more not just excommunicated

but castrated violently as well.

RC Priests cant marry and thats was thought to be a factor in raping kids

but COE lads can actually go home and give the missus one,

is there a history of paedos in COE.

10. Thank fcuk for that, coz that makes ok then..

Rome and its anti christ can fcuk off. Roman Catholicism was built by a dying Roman Emporer. It is no more than a cloak for a tyranical regime and was used throughout the middle ages as a tool for murder.

In fact Christianity, like Islam is a bastardised Judiasm.

Oh fcuk I am a Jid.. 8O

11. I found this on the web, I thought it pertinent!

[align=center]Bell Book and Candle

I shall be cast out, with my accomplices and abettors
    Denied the precious body and blood of the Lord
    And the company of all Christian congregations
    Excluded from the holy mother church
    In heaven and on earth
    I am excommunicate
    Anathema
    Judged to be damned
    With the devil and his angels
    And all the reprobate
    To eternal fire
    Until I shall recover myself
    From the toils of the devil

The Bishops all said
    “So Be It”
    A Bell rang
    The holy book was closed
    And the candles were snuffed
    And thrown to the floor

This, the sentence passed upon me
    By Papal Bull
    On the twenty seventh day of April 1570
    Three hundred and ninety years before I was born
    And on all who serve the English throne
    It has yet to be repealed

“God Save the Queen”[/align]

12. God save the Queen.

I've Googling this and almost every religion has a form of excommunication.

I was a bit disappointed that Bishops can stitch you up like a kipper.

Thanks to Wikipeadia for the list

2000-present

* Joseph Ma Yinglin, CPCA bishop
    * Joseph Liu Xinhong, CPCA bishop
    * Richard Lugner, excommunicated over abortion clinic rental[1]
    * Ed Cachia, Canadian priest excommunicated in 2006 after starting new Church[2]
    * Ned Reidy, excommunicated for heresy after joining Ecumenical Catholic Communion [3]
    * Alejandre Galias, Filipino priest, excommunicated by SMS[4] after breaking the seal of confession [5]
    * Eduardo Aguirre, Guatemalan Catholic priest, now bishop of the Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church [6]
    * Sister Mary Theresa Dionne [7] and five other nuns of Our Lady of Charity and Refuge in Hot Springs, Arkansas for professing the teachings of the Community of the Lady of All Nations, also known as the Army of Mary, that its founder, Marie Paule Giguere, is the reincarnation of the Virgin Mary and that God speaks directly through her.
    * Godfrey Silvester Shiundu, Kenyan priest[8] who created Reformed Roman Catholic Church and was excommunicated after getting married[9]
    * Call to Action group members in Nebraska were excommunicated by Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz, Vatican later confirmed their excommunication[10].
    * Catholics for a Free Choice, Rainbow Girls, Eastern Star, Job's Daughters, Society of St. Pius X and members of some other organizations face automatic excomuniccation according to Fabian Bruskewitz's extra synodal legislation[11]
    * Marek Bozek and six board members of the former St. Stanislaus Kostka parish in St. Louis, declared to have incurred automatic excommunication for schism by the archbishop of St. Louis, Raymond Leo Burke. Before this, Bozek was canonically suspended for leaving his assigned parish outside of St. Louis without permission in order to head St. Stanislaus.
    * Edwin González Concepción of Puerto Rico and his followers, for preaching that he was the reincarnation of Pope John Paul II
    * Genevieve Beney of France, for claiming to be an ordained priest, though married and female
    * Gert Petrus, Namibian priest, for practicing witchcraft
    * Mark Ridlen, a priest who attempted to instigate a renaissance of the Symbionese Liberation Army and mesh its ideology with that of the Catholic Church. Two other men, whom Ridlen had allegedly brainwashed and ordained as priests, were also excommunicated.
    * Christine Mayr-Lumetzberger and six other members of the Danube Seven, for simulating being ordained as priests by a South American bishop who had left the Church to join a sect. The Danube Seven were declared excommunicated ferendae sententiae for "grave disobedience" and "aiding schism".
    * Emmanuel Milingo, for marrying a woman selected by Sun Myung Moon in a Unification Church Blessing ceremony, then attempting to ordain married men as bishops. Those claiming ordination were also excommunicated.

[edit] 1900-2000

* James Callan, Mary Ramerman and members of the Spiritus Christi sect (many of whom were former members of Corpus Christi Church, Rochester, New York), in 1999, declared to have excommunicated themselves for schism by Rochester Bishop Matthew H. Clark [12]
    * Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, Bishop Antonio de Castro Meyer, Bernard Fellay, Bernard Tissier de Mallerais, Richard Williamson and Alfonso de Galarreta for the Ecône Consecrations without papal mandate. Formally declared to have incurred latae sententiae excommunication by Cardinal Bernardin Gantin on July 1st 1988[1]. Later reiteration by Pope John Paul II through Ecclesia Dei did not mention Bishop Antonio de Castro Meyer.
    * Oblate Fr. Tissa Balasuriya. Revoked less than a year later.
    * Fidel Castro, in 1962, for supporting a communist regime. He has since attended mass with John Paul II.
    * Carlos Duarte Costa
    * Romolo Murri [13]
    * Joe DiMaggio, for bigamy. Reversed in 1962[2]
    * François Duvalier. Withdrawn within four years.[3]
    * Fr. Leonard Feeney, for refusal to appear in front of the Holy Office. Revoked in 1972[4].
    * George Jackson Mivart, for suspected Modernism. Four years after his death, his friends successfully argued that in his last years he had become insane due to diabetes. This led to his reburial in a Catholic cemetery.[5]
    * Sinéad O'Connor, for simulating being ordained by a schismatic church, the Palmarian Catholic Church
    * Archbishop Pierre Martin Ngô ?ình Th?c, Clemente Domínguez y Gómez, Manuel Alonso Corral and three others for the Palmar de Troya Consecrations. ?ình Th?c asked Pope Paul VI to be forgiven and was absolved of all ecclesial penalties in 1976, until 1981 when he was again excommunicated by Pope John Paul II for illicit consecrations.
    * Michel Louis Guérard des Lauriers and others for being consecrated to the episcopacy without papal mandate by said Pierre Martin Ngô ?ình Th?c.
    * Joaquín Sáenz y Arriaga, S.J., for stating in his books The New Montinian Church (1971) and Sede Vacante (1973) that Paul VI had forfeited his papal authority. He was a catalyzing influence on sedevacantism.
    * Juan Perón, in 1955, after he signed a decree ordering the expulsion of Argentine bishops Manuel Tato and Ramón Novoa[6][7]
    * Feliksa Koz?owska, in 1906
    * Irish republicans involved in "arson, murder or kidnapping" during the Irish War of Independence, in December 1920[8]
    * Father William Murphy of Seward, Nebraska, in 1901, for political sympathies with Protestant Ireland[9]
    * All Catholics who participated in the creation of an independent church in the Philippines, in 1902[10]

[edit] 19th century

* Charles Chiniquy, Catholic priest who converted to Presbyterianism
    * Miguel Hidalgo, chief instigator of Mexico's war of independence against Spain
    * Father Edward McGlynn on 4 July 1887, for supporting the Single Tax movement of Henry George under Leo XIII. Rescinded 1892.
    * Fenians. Many priests ignored the decree and heard confessions, etc.[citation needed]
    * Antonio José Martínez, for disagreeing with Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy
    * Mary MacKillop. Later rescinded.
    * Napoleon Bonaparte
    * Stephen Kaminski, excommunicated in 1989, PNCC bishop[14]
    * Francis Hodur member of PNCC[15]
    * Victor Emmanuel II of Italy, King of Italy during the capture of Rome

[edit] 18th century

* Charles Maurice de Talleyrand, in 1789. Later rescinded.

[edit] 16th century

* Miguel de Cervantes. Later rescinded.
    * Henry of Navarre
    * Henry VIII of England, in 1533
    * Andreas Karlstadt, in 1520
    * Martin Luther, in 1521
    * Martin Bucer, in 1523
    * Elizabeth I of England, in 1570
    * Jakub Ucha?ski primate of Poland, in 1558
    * Alfonso d'Este, in 1510
    * Charles d'Amboise, in 1510
    * Every citizen of the Republic of Venice, in 1509
    * Giovanni II Bentivoglio, in 1506
    * Pietro Colonna, in 1501

[edit] 15th century

* Girolamo Savonarola, in 1497
    * Jan Hus, in 1411
    * Guidantonio da Montefeltro
    * Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta

[edit] 14th century

* William of Ockham, in 1328
    * Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor, in 1324
    * Robert the Bruce (along with his supporters and the rest of Scotland) in 1306, for murdering John Comyn in front of the high altar at Dumfries. Excommunication not recognized by Scottish clergy and later lifted by the Pope following the Declaration of Arbroath

[edit] 13th century

* Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor, in 1227. Rescinded in 1231, excommunicated again in 1239.
    * Elias of Cortona
    * Afonso II of Portugal, in 1212
    * John I of England, in 1209. Later rescinded.
    * Noblemen who protected the cathars
    * Venetians and crusaders who attacked the port of Zara

[edit] 12th century

* Sverre Sigurdsson, King of Norway, in 1194
    * Owain Gwynedd, Prince of Gwynedd
    * Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor, in 1119
    * Antipope Gregory VIII, in 1118
    * Anselm V, Archbishop of Milan
    * Conrad III
    * Henry II of England, for assassination of Thomas Beckett. Made penance afterwards.
    * Guibert

[edit] 11th century

* Robert Guiscard. Later lifted.
    * Philip I of France, in 1094
    * Hugh of Remiremont, in the 1090s
    * Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor, in [[1076

[edit] 9th century

* Patriarch Photius I, in 863

[edit] 5th century

* Peter Mongus, patriarch of Alexandria

[edit] 2nd century

* Marcion of Sinope

13. This, the sentence passed upon me
    By Papal Bull
    On the twenty seventh day of April 1570
    Three hundred and ninety years before I was born
    And on all who serve the English throne
    It has yet to be repealed

I take it that means that we're all in The Popes' Bad books then?

14. Yes we are, isn't that a shame!

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Bet Scientology does'nt :wink:

Unless you are skint that is.......