Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EXCLUSIVE: Carpeted: Dozens of cadets at Sandhurst broke coronavirus rules in a drunken party at the prestigious military academy

QRK2

LE
Do you seriously believe that there will be no repercussions? Perhaps the Comdt RMAS should call a newspaper conference to explain what he proposes to do on the military law and discipline aspects of the incident.

I wonder if they well get a brief visit to MCTC like various Welsh Guards did?

Do you seriously believe that there will be no repercussions? Perhaps the Comdt RMAS should call a newspaper conference to explain what he proposes to do on the military law and discipline aspects of the incident.

It may help matters if the rank and file see the law they are subject to being applied to their future leaders.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Someone smashed a TV at Sandhurst?

In my day gays were banned let alone trannies but I deplore violence.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and the tranny had her back doors smashed in?

We saw TV once, Scotland v England rugby.

CSgt H**l, Coldstream Guards. If you are reading this you still owe me a SLab of beer because we won!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm not really sure how the Cadets can be ROPed further than whatever Covid measures they're on already!

Gated for the whole course. Only let out for exercises.

Some of the internationals will have 15 months of that separation from their families, including the ones whose families are in conflict zones.

A small vignette from this morning - a OCdt speaking to his family through the fence about 5 yards apart. We all (Cadet, parents and siblings and I) agreed it was like an open prison. Then a second OCdt turned up to meet a parent.

I'd say they are coping remarkably well and last week's shenanigans shouldn't haven't happened, but it is understandable. I certainly wouldn't be too harsh about a bit of a blow out. Almost all of us will have done similar in the days before social media plastered it all round the globe.

Some of the internationals will have 15 months of that separation from their families, including the ones whose families are in conflict zones.

A small vignette from this morning - a OCdt speaking to his family through the fence about 5 yards apart. We all (Cadet, parents and siblings and I) agreed it was like an open prison. Then a second OCdt turned up to meet a parent.

I'd say they are coping remarkably well and last week's shenanigans shouldn't haven't happened, but it is understandable. I certainly wouldn't be too harsh about a bit of a blow out. Almost all of us will have done similar in the days before social media plastered it all round the globe.

The problem is BL that as future leaders they have to be the ones to uphold the rules and then sit in judgement on others when they break them. The days of 'take 5 extras' have been and gone. What you or I would have largely got away with in the past now comes with the threat of AGAI or AFA06 action hanging over your head.

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The problem is BL that as future leaders they have to be the ones to uphold the rules and then sit in judgement in others when they break them. The days of 'take 5 extras' have been and gone. What you or I would have largely got away with in the past now comes with the threat of AGAI or AFA06 action hanging over your head.

Not a problem for me. It is what it is. My lad picks up his Platoon in the morning.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The problem is BL that as future leaders they have to be the ones to uphold the rules and then sit in judgement in others when they break them. The days of 'take 5 extras' have been and gone. What you or I would have largely got away with in the past now comes with the threat of AGAI or AFA06 action hanging over your head.

There's always a good reason to turn a blind eye. It's a matter of personal judgement.

I just talked to a OCdt on WhatsApp whilst scratching my nuts in bed. It's the future.

It's simply high spirits...unless you're an NCO and below in which case you're a feckin shower and will be dealt with accordingly. About time they closed RMAS and did training at Colly, Aldershot or Catterick. Getting the young 'uns blooded early will rid them of "Don't do what I do syndrome. :cool:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's simply high spirits...unless you're an NCO and below in which case you're a feckin shower and will be dealt with accordingly. About time they closed RMAS and did training at Colly, Aldershot or Catterick. Getting the young 'uns blooded early will rid them of "Don't do what I do syndrome. :cool:

That wasn't my style. The blokes need the opportunity to let their hair down, with some careful and kind supervision. And a really fierce CSM when it all goes tits up.

Latest Threads