Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EXCLUSIVE: Carpeted: Dozens of cadets at Sandhurst broke coronavirus rules in a drunken party at the prestigious military academy

General Sir Nick Parker told me in conversation a few years ago that he had a query about dress regulations, so "logged onto ARRSE and had an answer back in minutes."

Mind you he did have to read 30,000 posts on Wolfgang, THAT rifle, walts, jokes about the Rockapes and a few thousand miscellaneous lies from Bugsy.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It would be excessive and counterproductive to jail or back term students for this very high profile misdemeanor, but cancelling block leave and spending the time out on the training area in NBC kit digging in, would be a good straightener with the bonus of squaring away their basic skills.

Something to help them reflect on and adjust their attitude.
The DS would just love their Christmas hols being fecked up in this manner. :)

Mind you he did have to read 30,000 posts on Wolfgang, THAT rifle, walts, jokes about the Rockapes and a few thousand miscellaneous lies from Bugsy.
I love watching him rip into Bugsy.

No idea how Sir Nick came up with his handle "Bile Spewer", though.

A couple of medics and at least one padre were marched away on my PQO.
The medics from the square for inability to tell left from right.
The padre for refusing to carry a wooden rifle*.

All were back by dinner time.

*It was proposed as a solution to Padres not carrying weapons, he suggested it looked ridiculous, strangely enough all 4 Padres managed to break theirs shortly after the jailing for refusing to carry them

Surprised they weren’t issued with a BFO wooden crucifix.

“Right you lot, one cross each...”

A few of the gentlemen here have made plain their displeasure at the thought that these 50 officer cadets are going to be allowed to soldier on to be commissioned and to be permitted to carry a sword. Thank you, gentlemen, for still possessing the honour that a sword is meant to symbolise.
Were you rustling your Daily Telegraph furiously and shouting "HARRUMPH!" when you wrote this? Shouting "STANDARDS!" as you discovered that Mafeking has now been relieved?

They're recruits. Daft little sods, many of them have only just crawled out of the comfy "safe learning environment" that is College or University, but essentially recruits. They've broken a rule (as you suggest) in contravention of orders, and got caught. They weren't stealing, they weren't lying, they weren't taking drugs, they weren't vandalising HM property, they weren't mistreating or abusing soldiers (or small furry animals). They got p!ssed, and at some point one of them stumbled into / threw something and missed / broke a TV set, for which they will be billed in full. It's hardly reason to be cashiered, strapped across the barrel of a field gun, or flogged around the Fleet. If recruits at Catterick did it, they'd probably be punished in exactly the same way... I foresee pressups. Lots of pressups. And show parades. And no chance of getting down town for a longgggg time. And many, many extra duties...

If you sacked every recruit (or soldier) who got drunk, it would be a very small, very boring, Army. They will be punished, but as everyone knows - if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...

Were you rustling your Daily Telegraph furiously and shouting "HARRUMPH!" when you wrote this? Shouting "STANDARDS!" as you discovered that Mafeking has now been relieved?

They're recruits. Daft little sods, many of them have only just crawled out of the comfy "safe learning environment" that is College or University, but essentially recruits. They've broken a rule (as you suggest) in contravention of orders, and got caught. They weren't stealing, they weren't lying, they weren't taking drugs, they weren't vandalising HM property, they weren't mistreating or abusing soldiers (or small furry animals). They got p!ssed, and at some point one of them stumbled into / threw something and missed / broke a TV set, for which they will be billed in full. It's hardly reason to be cashiered, strapped across the barrel of a field gun, or flogged around the Fleet. If recruits at Catterick did it, they'd probably be punished in exactly the same way... I foresee pressups. Lots of pressups. And show parades. And no chance of getting down town for a longgggg time. And many, many extra duties...

If you sacked every recruit (or soldier) who got drunk, it would be a very small, very boring, Army. They will be punished, but as everyone knows - if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...
We know, we know, it was just high spirits. Young officer cadets just letting off steam and being boisterous. I am sure that they will pay for the TV set. Maybe one of the cadets daddie actually owns a TV production company, or perhaps even a middle eastern country. I wish them well in their future military careers and I am sure that they will set an example that the lower orders can look up to and admire.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We know, we know, it was just high spirits. Young officer cadets just letting off steam and being boisterous. I am sure that they will pay for the TV set. Maybe one of the cadets daddie actually owns a TV production company, or perhaps even a middle eastern country. I wish them well in their future military careers and I am sure that they will set an example that the lower orders can look up to and admire.
High spirits for officers/officer cadets
Robust letting off steam for WO & Sgts Mess
Hooliganism for ORs

Situation normal, carry on.

Hooliganism for ORs

I mean, not entirely true.
A fair number of ORs in training have done similar things and had a mix of discipline measures from verbal dressing down to extra guard duties to ROPs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hooliganism for ORs.....................

....................and don't forget:-
Officers ladies.
Sergeants wife's
Soldiers women.
Its refreshing to see that the class system is still alive and flourishing in todays modern british army!

( Nothing changes, only the uniform)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Officers ladies.
Sergeants wife's
Soldiers women.
Its refreshing to see that the class system is still alive and flourishing in todays modern british army!

You omitted the homosexuals and lesbians. Do try to keep up.

Officers ladies.
Sergeants wife's
Soldiers women.

Mrs Gleebles brought to my attention the film she was watching on telly the other week, about some pads wives choir.

I gave it all of ten minutes and had a snigger at the classic stereotypical wives club rank structure.

There wasn't a cliche missed, senior officers wife dressed and behaving exactly as I remembered those clones were, asking the bods on the gate "Do you know who I am?" and congratulating the Badge's wife on 'her' recent promotion.

All working very hard to maintain centuries old 'tradition' and maintaining a rigid class structure.

Mrs Gleebles brought to my attention the film she was watching on telly the other week, about some pads wives choir.

I gave it all of ten minutes and had a snigger at the classic stereotypical wives club rank structure.

There wasn't a cliche missed, senior officers wife dressed and behaving exactly as I remembered those clones were, asking the bods on the gate "Do you know who I am?" and congratulating the Badge's wife on 'her' recent promotion.

All working very hard to maintain centuries old 'tradition' and maintaining a rigid class structure.

Slight thread drift, apologies to the OP:-

That is now, try living with that mind-set back in the stone age of my service the 70,s. As an officers driver (Exercises, and shoveling drunk commissioned heaps into the Rover, and back to their pads at silly O'Clock in the morning from a mess piss up) some of the chinless wonders i came across would do credit to P.G.Woodhouse, and kipling's verses on the Raj of the 19th century.:salut:

One of the minor reasons i signed off, was being talked down to by fuckwit subbies with minimal time served, i disliked their nose in the air attitude , not rank, which i respected, but their innate inbred perceived class superiority. My broad east london cockney dialect was seen as a class pointer, and so i was treated and spoken to accordingly. I must at this time state that the mongs mentioned above were few and far between, and the vast majority of Rodney's and Rupert's i came across were perfect officers. My own OC and Sqn officers, all excellent.:soldier:

Their wives, i found out on Snow queen, were as you described them, and one or two far from being the upstanding and virtuous officers wife's, were getting royally reamed by the one or two members of the permanent staff. ( Officers , wife's and brats course, Christmas and new year):hump:

Last edited: