Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EXCLUSIVE: Carpeted: Dozens of cadets at Sandhurst broke coronavirus rules in a drunken party at the prestigious military academy

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Stuff gets posted to friends and it spreads. Probably initially not meant to be harmful but it gets picked up and sent on.
Then their judgement needs to be called into question rather than their actions.

I thought the yoof of today understood that kind of thing?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's not about getting drunk though, is it?

It's committing the cardinal sin of the day to fcuk around breaking Covid rules.

The rules which are sending businesses down the shitter.

The virus which if you believe all the hype will wipe out the human race.

It's a pain which is being borne by many and disregarded by a few who should be leading the way and setting an example.

They've been gated for almost 3 months (that's just the junior intake). It's people like me who cross the fence daily who are the bigger threat to them.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
They've been gated for almost 3 months (that's just the junior intake). It's people like me who cross the fence daily who are the bigger threat to them.

Are you not staying within RMAS? The Tea Caddy houses are very nice I seem to recall.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you not staying within RMAS? The Tea Caddy houses are very nice I seem to recall.

We do. I go shopping every day, so in and out. Then check on the guys, though 2 intakes are out of camp on exercise. Not on Tea Caddy Row.

So, today I managed to exhaust my Russian, Arabic, Nepali and French with the chaps about to commission.

Gated for 3 months - boo fcuking hoo.

How will they cope with being gated in a PB for 6 months?

It's not the threat per se, it's the very visible fact that in these extraordinary times our so called future commanders at an 'elite' military establishment can't exercise some personal discipline.

People expect better from them.

QRK2

LE

It's not the threat per se, it's the very visible fact that in these extraordinary times our so called future commanders at an 'elite' military establishment can't exercise some personal discipline.

Actually it's even more trivial than it sounds as under CV19 rules all the cadets are gated other than during block leave and have so been since training on-site re-started in the 'summer term'.

Roll on Friday week.

We do. I go shopping every day, so in and out. Then check on the guys, though 2 intakes are out of camp on exercise. Not on Tea Caddy Row.

So, today I managed to exhaust my Russian, Arabic, Nepali and French with the chaps about to commission.
I used to stay in Old Green Lane and could walk through to see friends in the 'Slims'. There was a single log barrier (to prevent vehicular access) and the occasional Gurkha but that was it. I suspect that they've tightened things up a bit since then.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

I expect they will learn. Gated for a year, actually.

As already explained.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's increasingly clear with your every post that they are perhaps just misguided.

In which case it should be those who are supposedly guiding them who should be having interviews without hot beverages and handed their jotters.

Oh, well. You tell 'em.

Have you heard of veiled speech?

Morning @Endoscope,
Or my all time favourite...
Screenshot_20201120-095957_Photos.jpg

Latest Threads