• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Exchange Trips

Couldn't find the right forum, so Mods feel free to move..

So all, what are the chances for exchange trips to other forces: Americans, Germans etc?

Do they actually happen? What do you do? Are they long?

Chris_2oo6 said:
1 of our lads had an exchange with an aussie last year for 6 months...

our bloke loved it in aus, the aussie hated it over here!
Op LONGLOOK is probably the best known. All the Aussies I have worked with during their visit, have thoroughly enjoyed it as they get to move from sub-unit to sub-unit, visiting the best Europe has to offer. The same goes for the guys i know who have gone over there (I turned it down in favour of a TELIC tour).

Officers are the ones who tend to get the longer exchanges such as America, canada and Germany

Most of the Officer exchange posts seem to be for 2 years. I dont think the powers that be 'trust' the junior/senior ranks to undertake a 2 year tour. We will probably end up ruling their Armies

Latest Threads