Excellent military photos

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Run_Charlie!, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Also you can see the 'Nam fella's flak jacket has a zip. After Vietnam the jackets no longer had a zip as they were a nightmare to remove from a wound. This is why your ECBA now is a velcro fit.
  2. First Flak Jacket i had in Ulster was zipped, however 3rd tour we still had zipped and marked up usmc jackets, though a lot were velcroed, the zip jackets were top class i thought
  3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Good pictures. Like the Dieppe Commandos. For the spotters you can clearly see the Commando sole on the boots rather than standard studded ammo boots.
  4. My first opertional unit had Flak jackets they had brought back from Aden/Radfan and they where the old type with Zips.
  5. Never wore a flak jacket on ops prior to NI they weren't issued! though now you come to mention it my first did have a zip and studs, never used the zip.
  6. Just to be a pedant could I suggest that they were Commandos in somewhere like Folkstone having returned from Dieppe? Also if they were in Dieppe during 1942 you wouldn't see thae soles of their boots because they would be moving too fast.
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

8. Like the pic of the Polish pilots have a bit of roughness about them and not like the Byrlcream boys of the RAF