Excel To Word

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Spanish_Dave, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi everyone, can anybody let me know if it is possible to save a spread sheet that has been saved as (fit to 1 page) into 1 page of a word document

Cheers in advance
  2. Select, copy and paste sections from one to the other usually works fine if you're just worried about changing the file type/format, and retaining functionality.
  3. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Dave, send it to me mate and I will bounce it straight back
  4. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

AS s.w.w says copy and paste usually works, if not then insert directly in as an excel spreadsheet will also work, and allows you to modify the excel sheet from within the word document.

happy to run you through some options if you want.

5. I use OO and can save a spreadsheet as html. I can then open the html in word using file - open... et voila.

edited: can open it as txt but dont have MS word so dont know if it transfers further wo copy-paste.
  6. msr

msr LE

What are you thinking? He has asked about Word and Excel.

I need a picture titled "The IT f**kwit has just spoken". I will use for people who completely fail to answer the original question. Especially anyone who recommends linux as a solution to a virus related one.

7. Quite right, msr. Will sit on the naughty step... :oops:

8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks Meridean, it is on my work laptop so can I send you it tomorrow as its in the office and I am here at home in front of the fire
  9. From bash.org:

10. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Just to round this one off, for complex spreadsheets there isnt an easy answer, build it using tables in Word from scratch and copy/paste/special into the cells, one by one

If you do anything else it will simply look carp