Excel help

A member of another forum has a query over excel, can anyone help?

OK I have a spreadsheet thing which amounts to when the team members need their car park passes renewed (though annually, they are all at different times).

What I want to be able to do is have a column, for instance Column D, listing when the pass was issued - say 05-11-08, this stays fixed. On the 5th November, the next column, Column E, now needs to update itself to 05-11-09 (when the pass expires). Next year, that same Column E needs to update itself again to 31-10-10.

Can this be done?

ex_monkey said:
A member of another forum has a query over excel, can anyone help?

OK I have a spreadsheet thing which amounts to when the team members need their car park passes renewed (though annually, they are all at different times).

What I want to be able to do is have a column, for instance Column D, listing when the pass was issued - say 05-11-08, this stays fixed. On the 5th November, the next column, Column E, now needs to update itself to 05-11-09 (when the pass expires). Next year, that same Column E needs to update itself again to 31-10-10.

Can this be done?
I'm sure it can, but I have been playing beerpong and I don't have Excel on my lappy. I'll have a look tomorrow at work and PM you if I work it out. Unless some other clever bugger susses it first.

Having a play with excel 08, formatting the cells to date (DD/MM/YY), then using a formula to add months seems to work. Not sure about earlier editions of office; having a play often works, I find.

Make certain you have the correct formatting applied to the cells, and then the second cell (B4) has "=a4+365" in it. Apply the date in A4 and Bob's your Uncle!

You might have to fiddle around for leap years, but there is the basic answer!

Litotes

Cheers, I'll post a link on the other forum to this thread so the user can see the answers for themselves. Many thanks :D