• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Excel help

A member of another forum has a query over excel, can anyone help?

OK I have a spreadsheet thing which amounts to when the team members need their car park passes renewed (though annually, they are all at different times).

What I want to be able to do is have a column, for instance Column D, listing when the pass was issued - say 05-11-08, this stays fixed. On the 5th November, the next column, Column E, now needs to update itself to 05-11-09 (when the pass expires). Next year, that same Column E needs to update itself again to 31-10-10.

Can this be done?

ex_monkey said:
A member of another forum has a query over excel, can anyone help?

OK I have a spreadsheet thing which amounts to when the team members need their car park passes renewed (though annually, they are all at different times).

What I want to be able to do is have a column, for instance Column D, listing when the pass was issued - say 05-11-08, this stays fixed. On the 5th November, the next column, Column E, now needs to update itself to 05-11-09 (when the pass expires). Next year, that same Column E needs to update itself again to 31-10-10.

Can this be done?
I'm sure it can, but I have been playing beerpong and I don't have Excel on my lappy. I'll have a look tomorrow at work and PM you if I work it out. Unless some other clever bugger susses it first.

Having a play with excel 08, formatting the cells to date (DD/MM/YY), then using a formula to add months seems to work. Not sure about earlier editions of office; having a play often works, I find.

Make certain you have the correct formatting applied to the cells, and then the second cell (B4) has "=a4+365" in it. Apply the date in A4 and Bob's your Uncle!

You might have to fiddle around for leap years, but there is the basic answer!

Litotes

Latest Threads