Excel Help

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by MuddyMettle, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,
    Would anyone know how to?
    In Excel I want the date to turn red in a column by its self one month before that date I.E. today’s date 15-11-07
    Date due

Sorry the table will not work on here, what I am trying to do is a servicing table, so if you open the table the one’s that turn red are due for service.
    Anyone know how to do this?
    Thank you
  2. Sounds like you need to play with the 'conditional format' function, under the format drop down box.

Also the code for todays date is '=TODAY()'.

PM me if you have any problems.
  3. Use the DAYS360 function to compare the service date with TODAY() function. This will return the number of days between the dates.
    Use conditional format to change the cell back ground colour format to red is the number is less that 30.
  4. Hi Vimeiro,

Please check your PM

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Not sure on changing the actual date column, but here is a solution.

Create a new column next to your due dates, and include this formula:

=IF(DAYS360(TODAY(),xx)>30, "Current", "Due")

Insert the appropriate cell number instead of the xx for where your due date is. Then select this cell and click Format/Conditional Formatting.

Set your 2 Conditions as so:

Voila! A nice happy cell which displays a smiley green"Current" or a nasty red "Due" if the date is 30 days away.

6. Hi Fugly,

Thanks for that, managed to get the background to turn Red/Green.

Still would like tha date to change?

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Sorry for the delay mate, things to do and all that.

Here you go, it can all be done in the condition formating box, no need for the second column (but you could leave it in for additional effect)

(fiver please) :D
  8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

You could also be creative, and have a third warning column that displays a message if a vehicle actually becomes overdue, with appropriate nasty warning colours.

Have a play :D

9. Hi,

Thank you all for your help

10. msr

msr LE