Excel formula

don't play with this much so not into all the functions. Am looking for a formula which will calculate hours worked less 45 mins as I don't get paid for my break e.g.

Start Finish Hours Worked Pay

08.00 21.00 12.25 Not a lot

don't play with this much so not into all the functions. Am looking for a formula which will calculate hours worked less 45 mins as I don't get paid for my break e.g.

Start Finish Hours Worked Pay

08.00 21.00 12.25 Not a lot
You could use the following formula
(B1-(A1+C1))

Cell A1 contains the start time
Cell B1 contains the end time
Cell C1 contains the lenght of your break i.e 00:45

I would also advise you to change the format of the cell containg the formula. To do this right click on the cell with the formula and select Format Cells. Select the category "Custom" and the format [h]:mm:ss.

If you are doing this on a daily basis do you really need Excel..............? Not exactly rocket science is it?

Try this as a started for 10

Attachments

If you are doing this on a daily basis do you really need Excel..............? Not exactly rocket science is it?
Nope but if your start times and hours vary, anything between a 10 and 15 hour shift then it's nice to know how much to expect in your bank account. Could easily get a pen and paper and calculate it, but why when I have a PC ?

Thanks MSR that works, can add other bits myself. Knew you would be a chief problem solver, but thought you would be in the pub, Xmas eve and all that :)

Problem - done all that but when I enter my rate, the total comes out less than half what I should I get :(

Thanks MSR that works, can add other bits myself. Knew you would be a chief problem solver, but thought you would be in the pub, Xmas eve and all that :)
I am. but there is always time for a quick spreadsheet

Problem - done all that but when I enter my rate, the total comes out less than half what I should I get :(
You need to multiply the time by 24. See attached :)

P.S. This was not in the original customer specification ;)

Attachments