Excel formula

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Taffnp, Dec 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. don't play with this much so not into all the functions. Am looking for a formula which will calculate hours worked less 45 mins as I don't get paid for my break e.g.

Start Finish Hours Worked Pay

08.00 21.00 12.25 Not a lot
  2. You could use the following formula

Cell A1 contains the start time
    Cell B1 contains the end time
    Cell C1 contains the lenght of your break i.e 00:45

I would also advise you to change the format of the cell containg the formula. To do this right click on the cell with the formula and select Format Cells. Select the category "Custom" and the format [h]:mm:ss.
  3. Or
    If your breaks are always 45 minutes
  4. If you are doing this on a daily basis do you really need Excel..............? Not exactly rocket science is it?
  5. Thanks will give that a bash
  6. If you get stuck PM me your email address and i will email you a workbook with it in.
  7. msr

msr LE

Try this as a started for 10

Attached Files:

8. Thats nice MSR, I just put in 27:00 and it jumped to 03:00.
  9. Nope but if your start times and hours vary, anything between a 10 and 15 hour shift then it's nice to know how much to expect in your bank account. Could easily get a pen and paper and calculate it, but why when I have a PC ?
  10. Thanks MSR that works, can add other bits myself. Knew you would be a chief problem solver, but thought you would be in the pub, Xmas eve and all that :)
  11. Problem - done all that but when I enter my rate, the total comes out less than half what I should I get :(
  12. msr

msr LE

I am. but there is always time for a quick spreadsheet
  13. msr

msr LE

You need to multiply the time by 24. See attached :)

P.S. This was not in the original customer specification ;)

Attached Files:

14. Thanks MSR all done now :) merry Xmas