Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Repartee, Oct 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am wanting to sign up for a distance learning course at a university (PG Cert). It is completely distance learning apart from one exam. The website states that for overseas students the exam can be taken at a centre set up by the British Council. Does this include my education centre on my camp?

    p.s. I am out in Afghan at the moment so I can't just pop into the education centre and ask.
  2. Repartee
    When I was posted to BATUS and studying with the OU i had to take an exam, I was allowed to sit in a quiet room with an ETS type person as an invigilator so therefore I would say yes - you would just need to let them know the special circumstances, the invigilator and the exam would need to be taken at the same time (roughly). They send the exam out a week or two prior the day comes and bish bash bosh!
    Hope this helps
  3. Thank you. I also checked with the university and they said that Army Learning Centres are fine to do the exam in.