Ex-USA Soldier, looking for better military

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was in the USA Army for four years. My MOS was 19D Cavalry Scout and I want to join the British Army. Will the UK accept overseas applications?

Have a look here. There is a form for overseas applications I believe, but this may be for commonwealth citizens. It might be worth going on the live chat to ask the question here.

Im not quite sure, but i think its not that hard for US citizens to gain some kind of canadian residency. From doing that, you are then part of the commonwealth. I dunno if you could apply this way, but i would imagine it would be much easier to get a canadian visa/citezenship and apply that way then to actually find a job in britain, stay here for 4 years then apply.

I may be wrong, its just a idea? someone may be able to shine some light onto this.

TheBaron said:
Hello, I was in the USA Army for four years. My MOS was 19D Cavalry Scout and I want to join the British Army. Will the UK accept overseas applications?
My advice? Join the FFL! They will take you if you pass the tests! :)

Trip_Wire said:
TheBaron said:
My advice? Join the FFL! They will take you if you pass the tests! :)

You also need to be a sado-masochist and learn another language :roll:

Only 4 years? FFS you're hardly broken in. You ought to do a proper term of 22 years; it'll make a man out of ya. :wink: :p

If you're serious about wanting to join the British Army you might find it easier to do it through Canada which is a member of the Commonwealth. You might lose your US citizenship though.

Why not join the French Foreign Legion? If you pass selection they'll give you a 5 year contract no questions asked, a nom de guerre if desired and they'll teach you to speak soldier French complete with Froggy cuss-words. :wink: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads