Ex-USA Soldier, looking for better military

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by TheBaron, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I was in the USA Army for four years. My MOS was 19D Cavalry Scout and I want to join the British Army. Will the UK accept overseas applications?
  2. Have a look here. There is a form for overseas applications I believe, but this may be for commonwealth citizens. It might be worth going on the live chat to ask the question here.
  3. British passport holders or members from the Commonwealth, thats the rules mate
  4. dont think you can mate
  5. I think you have to live here for at least 4 years to join up and have a brit passport.
  6. And then, of course, he'll have to learn how to be a "proppa sowja". :D :D :D

7. Im not quite sure, but i think its not that hard for US citizens to gain some kind of canadian residency. From doing that, you are then part of the commonwealth. I dunno if you could apply this way, but i would imagine it would be much easier to get a canadian visa/citezenship and apply that way then to actually find a job in britain, stay here for 4 years then apply.

I may be wrong, its just a idea? someone may be able to shine some light onto this.
  8. Cannot be too hard if you made it, eh? :wink:
  9. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

My advice? Join the FFL! They will take you if you pass the tests! :)

10. You also need to be a sado-masochist and learn another language :roll:
  11. He would have to learn English to join up here.
  12. Only 4 years? FFS you're hardly broken in. You ought to do a proper term of 22 years; it'll make a man out of ya. :wink: :p

If you're serious about wanting to join the British Army you might find it easier to do it through Canada which is a member of the Commonwealth. You might lose your US citizenship though.

Why not join the French Foreign Legion? If you pass selection they'll give you a 5 year contract no questions asked, a nom de guerre if desired and they'll teach you to speak soldier French complete with Froggy cuss-words. :wink: :lol:

13. :clap:
  14. This didnt really go anywhere..as expected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.