Ex US President dies

If it was, do you not think think that they might have realised it wasnt working after year one? Perhaps after Americans had been taken by Iran backed Hezbollah?

The Iran Pipeline: A Hidden Chapter/A special report.; U.S. Said to Have Allowed Israel to Sell Arms to Iran

Go on, make up another excuse for the corrupt ******.
Did you bother to read your own link?

Mr. Satterfield said the Israelis had come back with the same proposal after Mr. Reagan took office in 1981, saying they "wanted to engage in some arms transactions involving United States weapons" to develop contacts with important Iranian officials.

Did you bother to read your own link?
Yes I did, including this bit

In 1987, when the Senate Iran-contra committee interviewed David Satterfield, then an officer on the Israel desk in the State Department, he testifed that in October 1980, "Israel approached the United States about the possibility of selling arms to Iran in order to open up a strategic relationship." The Carter Administration rejected the idea.

Its good that the Israelis wanted to dictate American policy though.

Any idea why the yanks continued after Hezbollah took hostages? Oh right it must have been for noble reasons.

Yes I did, including this bit

In 1987, when the Senate Iran-contra committee interviewed David Satterfield, then an officer on the Israel desk in the State Department, he testifed that in October 1980, "Israel approached the United States about the possibility of selling arms to Iran in order to open up a strategic relationship." The Carter Administration rejected the idea.

Its good that the Israelis wanted to dictate American policy though.

Any idea why the yanks continued after Hezbollah took hostages? Oh right it must have been for noble reasons.
You do know that exchanging more missiles in return for the release of the hostages was what Reagan was most heavily criticised for, right?

You do know that exchanging more missiles in return for the release of the hostages was what Reagan was most heavily criticised for, right?
You do know that they were dealing with Iran before and after the hostages were taken? Its almost like it had **** all to do with hostages. They continued to deal with Iran right up until the wheels came off.
Naturally the vice president not only knew nuffink, 'onest guv, he also pardoned those involved because errrrr they didnt realise that dealing in weapons with a rogue state over several years was wrong.

You do know that they were dealing with Iran before and after the hostages were taken? Its almost like it had **** all to do with hostages. They continued to deal with Iran right up until the wheels came off.
Naturally the vice president not only knew nuffink, 'onest guv, he also pardoned those involved because errrrr they didnt realise that dealing in weapons with a rogue state over several years was wrong.
Best you take that up with the people who investigated it then. Because they were very clear that the President authorised missiles to be sold to Iran to secure the release of hostages.

Report of the congressional committees investigating the Iran- Contra Affair : with supplemental, minority, and additional views : United States. Congress. House. Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Transactions with Iran : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Yet the yanks wanted to support the Contras in 1981
The Iran-Contra Report: Chronology

But yeah still for those noble reasons eh?

Have you read your link? Hardly covers anyone in glory.

"Odd wrong or questionable decision" isn't pardoning criminals in an incident that you may have been involved in.
Thats being a corrupt ******.

Sorry if you are one of those with rose tinted glasses.
Who happens to be a expat.

funnily enough I'm in Austin Tx at the minute and popped into the state capitol building, and

IMG_0554.jpg

The man himself

Lying about taxes is to be expected from all politicians.

At least that wasn't corrupt, unlike pardoning those convicted of various crimes who has made major donations to his wife's senatorial campaign
Stacker, your computer deleted a bit but I fixed it for you.

Stacker, your computer deleted a bit but I fixed it for you.

Good one, because someone else may have been worse, it was okay for him to be a corrupt ****.

Carter, yes indeed 'appears to have been a thoroughly decent man', and ex-engineer officer in nuclear submarines, but his (typically liberal) naivete was in the end his undoing.
Nope, he served in diesel/electric boats and was in training to serve on USS Seawolf when he decided to pull the plug on his naval career and return to his family peanut business. He often talked about his nuclear sub training but never served on one.

My uncle was a USNA classmate and did not like him. He said Carter was a "greaser" which is USNA slang for someone who prefers influence to get ahead rather than hard work. Uncle Matt was a BB type, not an SSN guy.

Last edited:
As always you have to wade in on a decent thread . try to trash it and expose yourself ans a complete vagina,

Love him or hate him he was a significant player in his day.

You and your circle jerk buddies are killing the forums. I may even sue the military for the waste of rations as you seem to spend more time on here than actually working.

You come across as having a huge chip on your shoulders- by your own admission you wrer a complete ****** in your first decade in the military- i suggest you have a long hard look at the second decade as well.
You've displayed an unhealthy lust for children on here.

Bob Dole helped out of his wheelchair to salute George H.W. Bush

Even Bob Dole can muster up the sack to pay his respects and I am sure that hurt him physically. Thank God the Greatest Generstion was nails.
It was moving to see Dole struggle to stand up from his wheelchair to pay his respects to President Bush.
I was watching on the news, flipping channels am not sure what network I saw that on but a reported annoyed me when he said "Odd he saluted with his left hand"

FFS!! - the man lost the use of his right arm when he was serving somewhere in Italy with the 10th Mountain Division when he got hit by German machine gun fire. He is entitled to use the other hand to salute.

10th Mountain were quite a unit. About 20 years ago I took my son skiing at a mountain where the 10th Mountain Association was having a reunion. Amazing to see a bunch of guys in their mid-70's skiing very very well down the expert slopes.

BTW - I watched the funeral coverage streaming on BBC here in the US and it was excellent and uninterrupted. I did wish that they had put a text on the screen with the name of the person speaking.

It was moving to see Dole struggle to stand up from his wheelchair to pay his respects to President Bush.
I was watching on the news, flipping channels am not sure what network I saw that on but a reported annoyed me when he said "Odd he saluted with his left hand"

FFS!! - the man lost the use of his right arm when he was serving somewhere in Italy with the 10th Mountain Division when he got hit by German machine gun fire. He is entitled to use the other hand to salute.

10th Mountain were quite a unit. About 20 years ago I took my son skiing at a mountain where the 10th Mountain Association was having a reunion. Amazing to see a bunch of guys in their mid-70's skiing very very well down the expert slopes.

BTW - I watched the funeral coverage streaming on BBC here in the US and it was excellent and uninterrupted. I did wish that they had put a text on the screen with the name of the person speaking.
Yes, and he is 95 years old. Leave him alone, standards are adjusted accordingly in this case.

Christ! The whole funeral and the eloquence and grace with which it was carried out really wanting me back to the days of past presidents and the dignity with which the presidential duties and office were carried out. The current administration makes Bush Jr. positively statesman like in comparison. Though, Trump, I have to admit, was very graceful on this occasion.

Anyways, I don't want to drag anything else into this. RIP Bush Sr.

And yes, Bush Jr. needed a hug.

Last edited:
Still, nice pic.

I dunno why, but I am liking Bush Jr. in his post presidency days. Even when has the prez, he seemed like a nice bloke, but a bit out of depth for conducting the duties of a prez, being controlled too much by people behind the scenes. At least that was my impression. Could be wrong.