• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Ex US Marine, Cop Killer pleads breach of Human Rights..

#1
David Bieber the ex US Marine who shot and killed a Police officer in the back of the head pleads breach of Human Rights!!!!!!!!FFS:

http://www.spenboroughguardian.co.uk/news/Cop-killer-David-Biebers-human.4021317.jp

Cop killer David Bieber's human rights "were breached by life sentence"


David Bieber's victim, Pc Ian Broadhurst

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTTHE man who killed a Birkenshaw policeman claims his human rights were breached by his 'life means life' prison sentence, the Court of Appeal has been told.
David Bieber's lawyers argued that the 42-year-old former US Marine's whole life term contravened his right not to be subjected to 'cruel or unusual punishment'.

Bieber was found guilty of shooting Pc Ian Broadhurst, a 34-year-old traffic officer, at point blank range in Oakwood, Leeds, on Boxing Day, 2003.

The police officer's widow condemned Bieber's challenge to his sentence.

Elisia Broadhurst said: "David Bieber did not think about Ian's human rights when he murdered him; he didn't think about my human rights and he didn't think about Ian's family's.

"He made a choice that day and I think the sentence he received was a fair one.

"I just really hope the justice system will not let me down and will not let Ian down."

At the time of Bieber's conviction, he was one of only 25 people to have received a whole life term in England and Wales.

Bieber watched and listened via videolink from prison on Tuesday, as Andrew Trollope, QC, argued that his sentence was too long, given the facts of the case.
Mr Trollope told the Lord Chief Justice, Lord Phillips, that a term of around 30 years would have been sufficient.

Bieber was also found guilty of the attempted murders of the Garforth-based Pc Broadhurst's colleagues, Pcs Neil Roper and James Banks, during the incident.

Mr Justice Moses, the judge in Bieber's trial, warned him then that he would never be released from jail.

The Court of Appeal rejected an appeal against his convictions in 2006, saying evidence against him was 'overwhelming'.

Tuesday's hearing was adjourned for further argument at a later date.


The full article contains 310 words and appears in n/a newspaper.
My BOLD, what the facts that whilst sat in the rear of the Police car he produced a handgun and calmly and coldly shot the officer in the back of the head.........Sure lets release him, shame we didn't ship him back to US, bet they wouldn't be so liberal thinking there about his sentence....
 
#2
I'm not outraged, because i don't believe the Courts are going to let this one slip through the net. (They've done a pretty good job of being quite sensible of late).

My only concern is who pays for the lawyers? No win no fee? I suspect not.
 

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
I'm with Robert A Heinlen re:- cruel and unusual punishements.

They should be both unusual and cruel enough to make you think "Not doing that again".

And I doubt they will go for the human right breach on this. Even the most tree hugging of judges would think long and hard. Any other kind of judge would think short and soft and say "Case dismissed. Back to getting dry bummed you murdering git".
 
#4
I'm sure he'd have received the same sentence in the US if not the death penalty in those states that have it.

He might be trying it on with the EU legal system...
 
#5
Not outraged at the courts, YET, however no surprise that some scummy lawyer is trying the old 'my clients human rights were breached', well excuse me what about the cops human rights? And the same for every other murder victim, life should mean life, end of, that is after all what was agreed by parliament when they abolished hanging. Yet over the years the sentences have been eroded to such a shocking extent murderers are getting out after serving what can only be termed 'nominal' sentences.... :evil:
 
#7
Sven said:
Yamwak.

PC Broadhurst was not shot in the back of the head, He wasn't even in a patrol car when He was shot.
Oh really:
Bieber entered the United Kingdom on September 26, 1996 through the port of Ramsgate, using the stolen passport. He was given six-month visa, but it was extended until his marriage to Denise Horsley in Kendal, Cumbria in March 1997.

In 1998, Bieber arrived in Yorkshire, where he worked as a nightclub doorman. He also acquired an arsenal of illegal firearms. In 2001, his wife petitioned for divorce and a decree absolute was granted on 5 May 2002.

On 26 December 2003, on the border between the Gipton and Oakwood areas of Leeds, traffic policemen Ian Broadhurst and Neil Roper saw Bieber's car parked outside a betting shop. They identified the number plates as false, and asked him to accompany them to the police car, where Bieber sat in the back seat. The officers were uneasy and so called for backup which they received from colleague James Banks.

Roper then moved to handcuff Bieber, who - facing imprisonment for various offences in the UK and possible extradition to Florida - drew a 9 mm handgun and fired four shots at the unarmed police officers, who tried to flee. Roper was hit twice in the shoulder and abdomen, but managed to get away. Broadhurst was shot once in the back and immobilised. Banks escaped injury after a bullet hit his radio. Bieber then walked over to where Broadhurst was lying, and shot him in the head at point blank range while the officer pleaded for his life. It was the first fatal shooting of an English police officer in almost a decade - the last being PC Philip Walter of the Metropolitan Police, who was shot dead on 18 April 1995.
ok my mistake it wasnt exactly in the car when it happened, but he still shot the cop in the head al la Coup de grâce, stylee...So were was he shot then Sven?
 
#8
yamkwak said:
life should mean life, end of, that is after all what was agreed by parliament when they abolished hanging.
well doesn't it sort of but not in prison? Anybody who gets life but let out after whatever tariff is imposed is "on licence" or something like parole for the rest of their life & can go back if they break the terms.
 
#9
mac1 said:
yamkwak said:
life should mean life, end of, that is after all what was agreed by parliament when they abolished hanging.
well doesn't it sort of but not in prison? Anybody who gets life but let out after whatever tariff is imposed is "on licence" or something like parole for the rest of their life & can go back if they break the terms.
Well thats ok then Mac, would you be happy if a murderer who killed a member of your family, served a 'p1ssy' sentence then got released on 'life licence'. Me i would be a bit peeved to say the least. And even if they are on Licence they still have to be caught commiting offences to be sent back. So good chance they return to their old lifestyle, ie thieving, drug dealing etc.even a spot of repeat murder for a few of them....
 
#10
Sven said:
Yamwak.

PC Broadhurst was not shot in the back of the head, He wasn't even in a patrol car when He was shot.
You Sure? I thought the in-car recorder caught it all via audio... and poss vid? Anyway, wot the feck are you picking on minor detail for...... 'f'kin murdered him didn't he?

Yes Sven I suppose Yam has thoughtfully violated the caahnts Human Rights too now... let him go eh? Spanner
 
#11
yamkwak said:
mac1 said:
yamkwak said:
life should mean life, end of, that is after all what was agreed by parliament when they abolished hanging.
well doesn't it sort of but not in prison? Anybody who gets life but let out after whatever tariff is imposed is "on licence" or something like parole for the rest of their life & can go back if they break the terms.
Well thats ok then Mac, would you be happy if a murderer who killed a member of your family, served a 'p1ssy' sentence then got released on 'life licence'. Me i would be a bit peeved to say the least. And even if they are on Licence they still have to be caught commiting offences to be sent back. So good chance they return to their old lifestyle, ie thieving, drug dealing etc.even a spot of repeat murder for a few of them....
yeah, agree, was just clarifying things that's all
 
#12
mac1 said:
yamkwak said:
mac1 said:
yamkwak said:
life should mean life, end of, that is after all what was agreed by parliament when they abolished hanging.
well doesn't it sort of but not in prison? Anybody who gets life but let out after whatever tariff is imposed is "on licence" or something like parole for the rest of their life & can go back if they break the terms.
Well thats ok then Mac, would you be happy if a murderer who killed a member of your family, served a 'p1ssy' sentence then got released on 'life licence'. Me i would be a bit peeved to say the least. And even if they are on Licence they still have to be caught commiting offences to be sent back. So good chance they return to their old lifestyle, ie thieving, drug dealing etc.even a spot of repeat murder for a few of them....
yeah, agree, was just clarifying things that's all
Thats ok mate, not having a go. Me I know we have one DOUBLE yes DOUBLE murderer on licence on our 'patch'. The f00ker just gets his minions to do all the dirty work, well known and runs your typical fly by night thug style security firm (from a distance of course all in his wifes name... :roll: ).
 
#13
I fully support the man's call to 'only' do a 30 stretch.

Then he should be released and kicked to death by feral youths.

Semper Fi and rot in hell you cnut.
 

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
#14
In this case, life should mean life - as in the removal of. He took one, tried to take a few more - just take his. Fuck him.
 
#15
Without wanting to upset the mods (I'd rather not get an 02 tag!) can I ask why was this post moved to Multinational? Its in the UK news about a UK criminal case and possibly having effect on uk citizens. I know the offendor is a yank, but its still Brit news. Just asking of course.... :?
 
#16
To get the views of the American visitors that regularly use this forum, rather than move it to the Int. Cell immediately.
 
#17
PartTimePongo said:
To get the views of the American visitors that regularly use this forum, rather than move it to the Int. Cell immediately.
Roger that, thanks for clarification..... :wink:
 
#18
There's more to this than meets the eye.

Whole life sentences are not passed in many European countries. The European Court is currently considering whether whole life tariffs are a breach of the European Convention on Human Rights.

gov.uk is panicking because assorted cannibal killers, psychos and Hannibal Lecter types are locked up in ordinary prisons on whole life tariffs 'cos there aren't enough high security mental hospitals here. If the Eurotw@ts rule that they must be released after, say, 25 or 30 years, many of them will almost certainly kill again as soon as they are out.

I suspect Bieber's lawyers are using this as some sort of test case. After all, why not? It's our money that's paying them to test the waters.
 
#19
You guys need the death penalty, however with the mess that Labour has created your stuck feeding him for the rest of his natural life while providing decent medical care to keep him going till he is oh say about 85..... What I have not figured out is howthe victims family have not managed to figure out who his cell mates are so they can bribe them to say make his stay fun!!! I would pay 50 quid a month to his cell mates or any other well wishers to make sure he gets the full prison experience.
 
#20
LJONESY said:
You guys need the death penalty, however with the mess that Labour has created your stuck feeding him for the rest of his natural life while providing decent medical care to keep him going till he is oh say about 85..... What I have not figured out is howthe victims family have not managed to figure out who his cell mates are so they can bribe them to say make his stay fun!!! I would pay 50 quid a month to his cell mates or any other well wishers to make sure he gets the full prison experience.
In some respects I agree with the death penalty, especially for the really nasty bastards, child murderers etc and in other ways I think, no, as a society we should say 'well you may have murdered but we are better than you and so you WILL stay locked up in a sh1tty little cell for the rest of your natural' ..Food for thought?
 

Similar threads

Top