Ex Ubique / Minley 2007

Discussion in 'OTC' started by SparkyMarky, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Everybody ready for another class weekend at Ex Minley (or Ubique as we at Queens know it as for some strange reason)?

Last year was brilliant craic and i expect this year should be just as good.

How many of you OTCs get practising on MGBs before the competition?

Last year the first time we saw the MGB was on the Saturday of the competition.

Altho this year Aberdeen had us over for a quick practice on it (and a few beers too ) so we have at least a slight idea of what we are doing?

Good luck to all, should be a brilliant wee weekend!
  2. You can stick it up your arse! :thumright:
  3. You're just raging your not going make_safe :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  4. bridging time 8 minutes 56 secs to beat. See you all there for this excellent weekend.
  5. have you been following the rules M9. been training for about 6 weeks and then get the copy of the rules with lots of measurements and stuff. seemed a bit w@nk if you ask me
  6. Hmm we have just been building the bridge with the QMSI in charge. Help what are these rules?
  7. the roller has to be 1.5 metres away from the bank then the pedistools have to be 2.7 m behind that. also you have to build it in a certain way and then the far bank roller has to be 150mm under the light nose, then the light nose has the be taken off at a certain time. also there will be a SNCO in charge. thats all the rules i can think of off the top of my head, there are more. it's rubbish as we've been practicing it with a view to doing it the easy way.
  8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ha! I havent seen a MGB yet.

One of our lot was like " What do we need a motor gun boat for?"

Being fair, I didn't tell him to go to the stores to get one for practise...!
  9. Thanks PTI I think there is a beat up on saturday anyway. Which OTC are you (Exeter here).
  10. The glory that is University of London, you know, the proper OTC!
  11. Since EUOTC and ULOTC were second and first in the competition overall and first and second in the bridging last year respectively the race is on.
    See you there. may the best team etc etc
  12. Rite guys, see ya all over there tomorrow nite for a few beers. Queens are flying over first thing tomorrow morning to incorporate a days boozin/pub crawl/brewery tour if possible.

Good luck to everyone!
  13. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

We like the Queens we do!