Ex-Them and Paras - help needed

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
This was forwarded to me from a reliable source and the chap's given his contact details so it seems gen. I place it here on an FYI basis as, if it is gen, it's almost certain someone on here knew the deceased.

1572994015139.png

All over the R.SIGS FB page this man never served and has been confirmed by the Cheshires ex reg association.
Colour party comprised of "you're a poo-poo thread" regulars it is then.

It’s the RBL riders I feel sorry for a day without feeling leather on a sticky crotch as they solemnly wobble by is a day wasted.
You able to post screenshot of the "denial" as it is?
Looks like some decent minded people could have been hoodwinked if true...that it's not true...

Either way...some poor sod is dead and his last wish was something mil.
Requires more research methinks...
And not in an "outing a walt" type of way.

For anyone that planned on attending the funeral on the 13th November at Chester crematorium of Barry Gordon Rice ex Cheshires ex para ex SAS
Just received this from the Royal British Legion Riders
Stand down re the funeral.
It has been confirmed by all 3 regiments that this Gentleman has never served.

This was from the organiser of the RBL riders up that way. Many other are pointing out some one is still dead and who’d want to Walt as a kingo?

You able to post screenshot of the "denial" as it is?
Looks like some decent minded people could have been hoodwinked if true...that it's not true...

Either way...some poor sod is dead and his last wish was something mil.
Requires more research methinks...
And not in an "outing a walt" type of way.
We definitely do not need a 'Dead Walts' thread.

The OP says that they were able to confirm his service so something is crossed somewhere.

Still deserves an appropriate send off. If someone can loan me a SAS beret and some interesting bling...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I saw this on Faecebook and forbore to comment, but it did strike me as a little odd that the deceased had allegedly requested "six para regt pall bearers". Something doesn't ring true...

I saw this on Faecebook and forbore to comment, but it did strike me as a little odd that the deceased had allegedly requested "six para regt pall bearers". Something doesn't ring true...
Wait 'til you see my last request...

12 RM SFSG in full rollmat and stockings rig dancing to "I've got the key" by Urban Cookie Collective!!

I say last request...

should have said...'one last time'.

@FORMER_FYRDMAN

More info required mate.
Potentially- someone could be having his name besmirched here. That sort of shit never happens on here.
As St Bob said..what box was ticked?

@Alec_Lomas as he's the most warry quiet type who probably knows someone, around here ;)

FYB had some screenshots that the bloke wasn't SAS, Para or in the Cheshire regt.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
@FORMER_FYRDMAN

More info required mate.
Potentially- someone could be having his name besmirched here. That sort of shit never happens on here.

@Alec_Lomas as he's the most warry quiet type who probably knows someone, around here ;)
I was merely asked to mention it on Arrse - beyond that, you know as much as I do. From the feedback it seems fishier than a fishy thing. Under the circumstances, perhaps the equitable solution is to give Mike Golden a travel warrant to Chester.

All in all it seems quite a sad story, particularly for the guys in the funeral parlour trying to do the right thing.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
@FORMER_FYRDMAN

More info required mate.

Walting by proxy. Is that a thing?

Oyibo

LE
I was merely asked to mention it on Arrse - beyond that, you know as much as I do. From the feedback it seems fishier than a fishy thing. Under the circumstances, perhaps the equitable solution is to give Mike Golden a travel warrant to Chester.

All in all it seems quite a sad story, particularly for the guys in the funeral parlour trying to do the right thing.
On a PARA Regt FB page (aside from mentioning he was never PARA or SAS) someone comments that the undertakers are a seriously dodgy company. I don't know whether that's true, but the person posting knew of them well as he lives in the same area and said they had form for that type of thing.

1573026811305.png

1573026875351.png

I wonder how often the old git dined out on stories of derring-do.

Sounds like this bloke had been walting to his friends/family about his hard-man career.
"he had requested before he passed away...' etc
How bloody grim - and sad - for them, knowing now that he was a BS artist.

Slime

LE
I don't think there is a 6 Para.
Sorry if that was a wah, but I read it as he wanted six members of a para reg unit to be pall bearers, rather than from a unit called ‘6 para’.

Sorry if that was a wah, but I read it as he wanted six members of a para reg unit to be pall bearers, rather than from a unit called ‘6 para’.
It was another classic wah from yours truly, but I can be 6 Para. I can be anything a client wants me to be.

Latest Threads