Ex-TA Soldier Faces Hangman In Pakistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RP578, May 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Poor lad went there to vist family and ended up getting stitched up for murder and robbery

Guardian Story

2. The Foreign Office said: "Her Majesty's government is opposed to the death penalty in all circumstances. We very much hope that Mr Hussain will not be executed."

hardly going to frightain them is it

3. Ah, Pakistan! Our friend, ally and partner in the War on Terror.

*Ambles away, muttering under breath...*

4. Not just robbery but Highway robbery! By a sharia court after the conviction was overturned

Don't worry Becketts on the case and these Sharia laws are fairly liberal and executed (possibly the wrong word in the circumstances) in a balanced and logical, even-handed manner

5. On face value, it seems to be a massive miscarriage of justice, but the fact remains that he has been convicted in a foreign country. I just hope the Government are doing enough to keep this man alive through diplomatic channels. Unfortunately we cant just demand his release, it doesnt work that way. That being said, i'm sure that his brother making it a race issue isnt going to help at all.

6. Hmmmm. Cleared by a court which uses evidence, reason and facts and re-convicted by a court based on a book written almost 1500 years ago and jusdged by people who have invisible freinds.

7. Very true,sorry for the lad but seems abit ironical that he has fallen victim to a law many of his fellow muslim brothers are eager to impose on this country,so surely his brother should have faith in 'sharia' law and accept their judgement as the will of 'allah' and not bleat on at HMG to sort it out.

8. Thats not a fair comment, if it was your brother you'd be doing everything you could, even playing the race card in an attempt to get HMG to do something.

The threat of sanctions etc would soon sort this out, we can not let one of our own get hanged in pakistan for a crime he clearly didn't commit, and the fact that he was an ex-sqauddie means HMG should be doing everthing they can not to let the bastards kill him.

Its bad enough hes been banged up for 17 years.

9. I get annoyed by "Forigners" cumming to UK and then expecting the law to be 'Amended' to suit them.
    I have live most of my Adult life overseas and expect to live by the laws of the country.
    This guy is Muslim and he's been foolish to go visit what is in my opinion a Lunatic Islamic State.
    What has been said in UK press suggests he has got the wrong end of the stick, However he has shot someone dead in Bandit land and now will have to 'Pay' the price, whatever the going rate is, or his family will.
    john

10. for fcuks sake the bloke is hardly going to go to pakistan to mug people.
    was cleared by a proper cout of law and then reconvicted by skypixes