EX SUMMER CHALLANGE

Discussion in 'Officers' started by matellison, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im booked onto exercise summer challange this summer with 51bde in Aberdeen. It condenses MTQ 2 and 3 Officer TA courses into a 4 week exercise. Does anyone know anything about this course, what it entails, what is expected, ittinerary etc.

2. I do know that spelling the exercise name correctly is a way of avoiding fatuous responses.............

3. I cant even be bothered to mention that you have spelt itinerary incorrectly also................

4. BoS, You, Sir, stole my delayed fuze item!

5. Spelled summer correctly though!

Twit.

6. At least we know where 51 Bde is now - that well known fighting formation!

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

In that case you are late for duty! It started on 29th June;

http://www.scottishsoldier.co.uk/challenge.htm

8. From same website:
    "Summer Challenge 2007 will provide a unique opportunity for young men and women between the ages of 17 and 43"

Just how young is "young"?

9. Surely not MTQ 2 & 3, they're UOTC rather than TA proper qualifications?

10. You should've been given your itinerary by your unit, if they haven't so far then hunt them down and get one.

11. He means EX SUMMER LEADER, which forms up on Fri 20th July less those individuals who are already booked onto the AOSB Main Board that weekend and who will join the course on the Sunday. It comprises of Modules 2 & 3 of the TA Officers' Course. It DOES NOT condense anything - the full CTP is adhered to.

JIs have been issued to parent units and so anyone attending who does not yet have a copy should contact their own TAC or UOTC at the earliest possible opportunity. If they cannot provide you with a copy then feel free to pm me with an ArmyNET email address and I will forward one to you.

The JIs give a large amount of information regarding course content as well as a comprehensive kit list, without which you will be struggling to say the least.

12. Errm - under 43?

13. Well its young to me.

14. Although, if observing the conventions of DW, it is an exercise name, so it should be in capitals. Otherwise, its a proper noun and should be Summer Challenge.

So, no he didn't. :D

Hmmm, I need to get out more...