Ex-Squaddies Make The Best Employees Because...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RFUK, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's a well known fact that military experience and qualifications often mean very little on civvie street. That's one of the reasons I set up the free ex-forces business-to-business network at www.allcallsigns.org.

I'm currently writing an article, directed at employers, which should give reasons why ex-soldiers (and other service people to be exact) are generally a safe bet when taking on employees. Here's what I have so far:

- Won't turn up late
    - Will look smart
    - Will respect authority

- Won't let adverse conditions, or an adverse situation get the better of them

Sense of humour
    - Will remain cheerful throughout!

I think that covers the basics of it, but I'm sure there's a lot I haven't thought of and any further input is much appreciated.
  2. Equality And Diversity. Your average ex squaddie knows how to treat women and minorites with the respect they all deserve.
  3. Erm... doesn't apply across the board, sadly, as I'm sure you're aware. Plenty of soldiers are not the things you've listed. Albeit, the ones who are gash don't neccessarily stay for long.

I commend what you're doing though.
  4. guaranteed to be a laugh, and attend all social functions. Will try to nail all females at every christmas p1ss up no matter how fugly.
  5. Have an understanding of other cultures - eg boxheads, ragheads and other efniks
    be able to hold his own in intercompany drinking bouts

an uver stuf
  6. ...Cheers Cad!

Goon... Any soldier who has completed an op. tour in recent years is robust with a sense of humour.

I'll take your point about turning up on time and looking smart, but in my experience the vast majority of soldiers can and will do that.
  7. Uhmmm I was trying to be Ironic but you're welcome anyway heh heh!
  8. So I should take out the input from smudge, deputy and resurgam too? I bet you're going to tell that picture of the fusiliers using a forklift isn't a good idea for the frontpage now? ;)
  9. I took your paragraph 'Discipline' applied it to the Household Division and found it suited them a treat - same can't be said when I applied it to scalies and the really large corps...
  10. Will be well versed in the art of bluffing, skirting round the task at hand or blinding the management with confusing logic..
  11. Discipline extends beyond the drill square. I'm sure even the scalies and RLC are able to display discipline when it counts!
  12. Yes, climbing into their cabs after 15 pints takes real self discipline!

13. RLC??

8O 8O

Serioulsy though, we have 4 ex Army working here, though I'm the only 22 year man.

All of us are very well thought of, (well at least they are still employing me anyway). The main thing I have found that everyone says is that you give them a job and it gets done.

Does what it says on the can
  14. You are probably right about RLC and sigs having no self discipline.

That will be why there is such demand for people with superb turnout and mounted cermonial skills in the civilian job market while C + E drivers and comms technicians are all on the dole with no useful skills.

Oh no, hang on, that is b0llocks
  15. Some of them scalies birds can do mounted cerimonial drills on me any time - £60 for half an hours work is good money and it's TAX FREE!!!