Ex spy Blake wins case against Britain

What do you think of that then?
I hope he enjoys his pyhrric, old soak's victory, trapped in the decaying remnants of the evil empire he sold his birthright for... He's lost, history condemns him, he knows it, who cares? Hope he gets Aids from a transvestite on the underground...

All I can say is nothing surprises me anymore, in the good old days he would have been hung, and any money distributed to the widows of the spies he betrayed

I'd like to hear that he'd "accidently" fallen into an industrial mincer, feet first. And screamed himself to death.

The applicant was represented by Ms N. Mole of the AIRE Centre (a non-governmental organisation based in London. Also assisted by Mr M. Tugendhat, Q.C., Messrs I. Christie and S. Whale, counsel, Messrs B. Birnberg and R. Rizvi, lawyers together with Professor B. Simpson Q.C., FBA, FAAS and Professor G. Jones, Q.C. !!

Lundylane_1 said:
All I can say is nothing surprises me anymore, in the good old days he would have been hung, and any money distributed to the widows of the spies he betrayed
Not really, IIRC we mostly just threw them in jail for the rest of their lives. I don't think we've executed anyone for spying or treason since World War 2/the fifties. Reasons were threefold - meant we could lean on them for information, possibly get to swap them back if any of ours got caught and I that I think there was just a change in outlook. Personally I think the US has the right idea of what to do with people like this, just check out the regeime at ADX Florence. Doubt it could be done over here though since human rights laws would be invoked and it's be blown out of the water by the European courts. I'm still a firm proponent of the death is too easy I want to the bastards to suffer the rest of their lives in prison school of thought.

On the case in question though, although he won a claim for the case taking too long they didn't overturn the original verdict that banned him fron receiving the royalties did it? It doesn't seem to say and there's no chance of me making sense of the official verdict that was posted. :)

You really could not make this up. The traitor George Blake has been awarded damages by the European Court of Human Rights because the UK government took a long time to bring a case that stopped the traitor from making money from his treason (he wrote a book about it).

Thankfully the court agreed with the UK that Blake should not get any of the royalties from the book (the publisher gave them to Save the Children). Some more good news from the article:

Last night, Blake was said to be "seriously ill" by an executive of Molodaya Gvardiya, his publisher. "We haven't been able to communicate with him. We have been told he is seriously ill," he said
Link here:Traitor scum gets cash

So when can we give old George the compensation he really needs? (a 9mm bullet in the back of the head)

ah... the Parabellum being mightier than the Sword..

:)

Being as he was playing the legal angle perhaps we should have had him extradited and tried for treason. Remind me chaps of the penalty for it?

Traitor wins £4,700 human rights payout

By STEVE DOUGHTY Last updated at 22:00pm on 26th September 2006
Reader comments (18)

Britain's most notorious living traitor has been handed a compensation payout by European human rights judges.

They ruled that George Blake - a Soviet spy blamed for hundreds of deaths - suffered "distress and frustration" when the government tried to stop him making money from a book about his betrayal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=407116&in_page_id=1770

What a crazy world we live in. Lunatics running the asylum springs to mind!

Dread said:
This is now the third thread on this (I started the second) :oops:
Sorry. I would remove it if I could. Perhaps the MOD will do it for me? :oops:

No doubt that mr.Blake is a traitor but why should be he voided hearings in the British court?

He complained? OK. Next day reject his claims in the court and that's all.

Everybody: criminals, murderers, spies and moreover law-abiding citizens have a right for fair trial. It is a fundamental human right. I don't understand why the ex-spy was voided this ability?

He is an excaped convict isn't he? How on earth should he be allowed a hearing in a British court while he stil owes prison time in the scrubs?
IMHO he should come to Britian to collect the money for 'his children' then he can pop back into his old accommodation and finish his stay.

I'm sure we could fit him in somewhere even with the massive overcrowding problems.

theoriginalphantom said:
He is an excaped convict isn't he? How on earth should he be allowed a hearing in a British court while he stil owes prison time in the scrubs?
IMHO he should come to Britian to collect the money for 'his children' then he can pop back into his old accommodation and finish his stay.

I'm sure we could fit him in somewhere even with the massive overcrowding problems.
Or bump into him walking across Waterloo Bridge, wheres my umbrella!!!

KGB_resident said:
No doubt that mr.Blake is a traitor but why should be he voided hearings in the British court?

He complained? OK. Next day reject his claims in the court and that's all.

Everybody: criminals, murderers, spies and moreover law-abiding citizens have a right for fair trial. It is a fundamental human right. I don't understand why the ex-spy was voided this ability?
Because Blake was a traitor. If he wanted to claim, then he should have appeared in person at the court. Then he could have been told that he was a scumbag whos deceit had caused the deaths of over 40 (possibly over 100) British agents in the East (KGB_R: you would call these people traitors to Mother Russia). He betrayed these people to their deaths because the family of his first love Iris Peake refused to allow their daughter to marry him.

He was scum - vain, pompous and selfish (sounds like Bliar). He deserves to die coughing up his lungs in some squallid Moscow tenement building. At least he will die in the knowledge that all he tried to achieve came to naught, and he picked the loosing side.

Dread said:
Because Blake was a traitor.
The UK along with many other countries signed the Human rights charter where everybody without any exception is granted a right for fair trial.

There are only two possibilities:

1. Re-write Human rights charter. Introduce an exceptions for those who are at odds with the Law. For example: dangerous criminals, those that escaped from prisons haven't full human rights: their cases could be resolved without trials, their complains could not be regarded by courts.

2. The UK revoke its signature.

I agree that mr.Blake is a scum, the best place for this **** in in the hell. But in this situation we have

A human being (no matter what has he done) that has rights recognised by the state. But the state violates own obligations. It is an abnormal situation anyway.

If mr.Blake deserves something then it must be backed by a propoer court rulling. It is a democracy btw.