Ex Soldiers wanted

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by ChrisProvanScotsGuards, Feb 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I am ex 1SG and have been a civvie for about 5 years.

I am starting a company in Scotland which will offer tourists, corporate staff, individuals or anyone that wants to do it:

1. Walking breaks in the Highlands
    2. Mountaineering breaks
    3. Planned long distance walks
    4. Themed adventure weekends (E&E, Espionage, Nav Ex)

The differentiator is that my company will be run and managed by EX FORCES only !!!

To do this I need:

1. Ex forces personnel (male and female) Age 25+
    2. Qualified Mountain leaders or commitment to qualify through TNG.
    3. People who love the outdoors, highlands, leading small teams
    4. People that want to earn a decent wage without being in an office !!!!

This is currently in the planning stages, and a great opportunity to become part of the team from the start

Anyone thats interested, please email me at chrisprvn@yahoo.co.uk

2. Excellent level of interest so far. Anyone else fancying a job in the great outdoors, please let me know.

3. I have a mate who was an ML, ill mail him but trying to drag him away from a Cypriot beach teaching fatties to dive may be an issue !! :D

4. Summer in the highlands of scotland with yanks with sore feet

v

Summer in Limassol/Paphos looking at birds arses

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. My thoughts exactly but he does whinge about missing the "work", ill mail him.

6. Cheers Reni, Nice one

7. Hi,

Sounds like something up my street. I dont have ML qual. but ex 1KOSB Cpl 16 yrs and in the TA now. Love hill walking and take the family up to glencoe etc quite regulary.

8. Voluntarily? :D

<quote>
    Hi,

I am ex 1SG and have been a civvie for about 5 years.

I am starting a company in Scotland which will offer tourists, corporate staff, individuals or anyone that wants to do it:

1. Walking breaks in the Highlands
    2. Mountaineering breaks
    3. Planned long distance walks
    4. Themed adventure weekends (E&E, Espionage, Nav Ex)

The differentiator is that my company will be run and managed by EX FORCES only !!!

To do this I need:

1. Ex forces personnel (male and female) Age 25+
    2. Qualified Mountain leaders or commitment to qualify through TNG.
    3. People who love the outdoors, highlands, leading small teams
    4. People that want to earn a decent wage without being in an office !!!!

This is currently in the planning stages, and a great opportunity to become part of the team from the start

Anyone thats interested, please email me at chrisprvn @ yahoo.co.uk
    </unquote>

Seriously though about the original post. It is all very well having the quals but do you have the gift to entertain during the walk.
    It is no use having a good bloke who can take people for a walk (rah rah) but you have to make it interesting. Think about the historical, geological, inquizitive nature of the party. Be prepared to answer any interesting and bone question. Walking is okay but you will have to break it occassionally so what are you going to do? Sit and drink wets/have a bit of fun by chucking a rope on the floor and telling the group to make a stretcher/explaining the local geology or why weather happens?
    (A walk in Glencoe can be an experience or a place with steep paths and sore feet)

As you say it is only in the planning stages but good luck to you.

(PS yes I do have experience in this sort of thing :D )

PS: Please re-think the clause Employing ex-forces only.eg:
    Secretary/Administration
    Finance/Accountant
    Cleaners
    Local mountain rescue personnel etc

9. Can a candidate be from a Commonwealth military (Canada)?

10. I would agree with those points. I like the histroical side to walks like why its called the Devils staircase and the hidden valley etc. And yes the family come along on there own free will lol. Infact they love it just as much as me and love learning the histroy around the walks and the views of course.

11. Glad to hear that matey. Another valid point when taking older parties (and youth) is the fauna and flora knowledge. (What it is, why it is there, medical uses etc) Do not forget night walks (or Night NAVEX as you recall)
    a little astronomy will go a long way. Enjoy it all. Will be in the Cairngorms and one of Scotlands little undiscovered little gems (until now :D )Glen Affric in the summer (take your family there and on a good day you can see the Kintail mountains in the distance, especially early morning or at dusk. You just can not put a price on those views.
    Anyway once again good luck

hh