Ex-soldier in Gulf War Syndrome hunger strike

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, May 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The MoD and government keeps its head firmly in the sand and just wishes the problem would go away. I really get pissed off when I see “ministers” saying on TV “every soldier was given the opportunity to refuse”. What complete and utter shite. Sgt X - everyone over to the medics for some injections. Yes Sir. Everyone gets injections, naively believing they would be for our own good. Hundreds if not thousands are now suffering as a result.

I remember at the time 2 out of 3 people being quite ill for a few days after receiving about 4 shots in one go in the desert. I was unaffected at the time and appear to be luckily suffering no problems today. I do however believe there is a problem that needs proper investigation and these people taken care of. Good luck to this guy but I don’t think it will succeed. Call me cynical but there are no votes involved so the government will do its best to ignore it.

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

There have been countless investigations over the years. The reason why things have gone quiet is that they all seem to say things that don't fit in with the general views of those who push the Gulf War Syndrome line. Since 1991 bio or chemical attacks by Saddam, DU ammunition, multiple injections, PTSD, organophospate insecticides, oil smoke etc have all been blamed for causing 'GWS', and so far noone of the investigations has come up with much.