Ex-soldier guilty of killing schoolgirl in 1976

It's not one of the usual Ex-Squaddie tenuous links, there's a bit more to it now it's not sub judice. It's only just being reported that he was army. He had a history for violence

A former soldier who violently raped and killed a schoolgirl has been found guilty of her manslaughter more than 40 years later.
Stephen Hough, 58, let another man, Noel Jones, go to jail after the killing of Janet Commins, 15, in Flint, north Wales, in 1976.
But last year, a sample of Hough's DNA was taken by police and fed into their database - and it matched semen samples taken from the body of Janet and stored for four decades.
The jury at Mold Crown Court heard the odds of the DNA being from anyone other than Hough were a billion to one.

Ex-soldier guilty of killing schoolgirl in 1976 after another man went to prison

I was in the same regiment as Hough and always found him a bit odd. Reading some of the remarks from my old Regiment, it appears that he transferred to us out the QDG on a cloud. He also was discharged after severely assaulting a German civilian woman whist we were on exercise once.

I don't recall all the specific details, as most was blurred in alcohol abuse. @revmodes may be able to furnish some more detail?

Maple

LE
I look forward to the press describing all murderers/sex criminals by their former job titles.......

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Ye I saw that and put a link in all internet news thingies
he was 16 at the time of the crime wasnt he ?
caught for something else and his DNA taken
I wonder how many other old crims are wondering if the knock will come at the door

Ah North Wales, theres a lot of weird stuff happens up here

Thankfully it's more harmless thing usually like furries in Llandudno, rather than nonces

But then everywhere seems to have there nonces, as Chris Morris once said it's paedogeddon

Ye I saw that and put a link in all internet news thingies
he was 16 at the time of the crime wasnt he ?
caught for something else and his DNA taken
I wonder how many other old crims are wondering if the knock will come at the door
I hope it will be the door being booted in around the 03:00 ballpark is more the modus operendi here.

Then the suspect getting a good shoeing as they "resist" arrest.

Ah North Wales, theres a lot of weird stuff happens up here

Thankfully it's more harmless thing usually like furries in Llandudno, rather than nonces

But then everywhere seems to have there nonces, as Chris Morris once said it's paedogeddon
I guess the local sheep are nervous............

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's not one of the usual Ex-Squaddie tenuous links, there's a bit more to it now it's not sub judice. It's only just being reported that he was army. He had a history for violence

What can only be described as a very very nasty piece of excrement.

He was QDG, the story has it that he had attempted a serious sexual assault on the wife of a SNCO, due to some technicality he could not be prosecuted! At the time he was the army hockey teams goalkeeper, read from that what you may, for his own safety he was transferred to the QOH, none of us at tank park level had any knowledge of his past history, a cover up at high levels it seems.

Seen as a nasty piece of work, full of himself he was known to several members of the regiment as having been a bully boy during basic training. Fast forward to circa 1984 he was on exercise in the Soltau region, given an evening off, he along with the rest of the troop went to a local gasthaus for a few beers.

The troop awoken in the early hours back in the bivvie platz by RMP and local polizei who arrested him. He was convicted and given 5 years at CM for the serious assault of a young local girl who he had followed into the toilets at the pub, causing her serious life threatening injuries by smashing her face into a sink.

It will never be known why this scumbag was allowed to transfer, certainly it put the wives and children in our regiment at some risk! German police are now showing interest in the period that he was with us, and reviewing other sexual assaults over that time period, no surprise here if it is shown he is linked to other attacks, rot in jail and drop your soap on a regular basis.

Ex-soldier guilty of killing schoolgirl in 1976 after another man went to prison

I was in the same regiment as Hough and always found him a bit odd. Reading some of the remarks from my old Regiment, it appears that he transferred to us out the QDG on a cloud. He also was discharged after severely assaulting a German civilian woman whist we were on exercise once.

I don't recall all the specific details, as most was blurred in alcohol abuse. @revmodes may be able to furnish some more detail?

Indeed he insisted that at the time he had A. Been stealing petrol and B. sat in a car masturbating! A wonderful alibi, the question is why was he then allowed to enlist shortly afterwards having 2 convictions on his sheet?

He has the one of the regulation paedo beards. Hiding in plain view, it would appear.

It doesn't bear thinking about the bloke who did time for this crime. Wonder what the back story for that was.

12 years!! What the ferk, this piece of scum will be back in circulation in 9 probably.
@Fat_Cav

Seadog

ADC
I look forward to the press describing all murderers/sex criminals by their former job titles.......
You won't have long to wait. Just about every villain's CV is published when they are convicted and if they are high profile (Ian Brady) to the grave and beyond.

And why not?

I was thinking about the bloke who got jailed for it initially don't know what would be worse. Going into prison as a convicted child killer, or the knowing that you're innocent!

Latest Threads