Ex Soldier / Current Student seeking help with research

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by TheMexican, Apr 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

My previous role was as an infantryman with British Army but now working hard on trying to earn my postgraduate degree. As part of this endevour I am conducting research in a specific area related to Augmented Reality / Heads up Displays and how the combination might be used to assist Combat Medics or even Soldiers if the situation calls for it.

I have published an online questionnaire that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to complete once you get through the initial screening questions.

If you have 5 minutes to spare and if you would like to contribute to a piece of research that may improve conditions for serving personnel then I would be most greatful.

The URL is - Combat Trauma / Tech Support

Thanking you in advance,

The Mexican.
  2. Can you edit your post, so it doesnt look like you were an infantryman with British Airways?

Ive clicked.
  3. Ha :) Noted and changed.
  4. I think it's probably also good form to use a login with your real name (and just use it for data collection) when asking people to take part in your research, as opposed to a handle.

Also, one thing (not that I have the required experience anyway), but it seems as though you only want CMT's to fill out the questionnaire (that's what I assumed you meant by Combat Medic, anyway) - are you deliberately leaving out Team Medics and RMAs?
  5. and anyone who has witnessed accidents in a non combat situation.
  6. Thanks for suggestions guys. Your guidance is welcome. The use of a handle is in an effort to encourage anonymity just as anyone who participates will remain completely anonymous. I am not collecting any personally identifying detail at all as you will see.

The three qualifying questions below are the selective factors.

1. Have you previously or do you currently serve as a qualified combat medic (frontline role) with a military force belonging to NATO?

2. During your military career, were you ever required to perform duties as a combat medic (frontline role) during a conflict that occurred within the last 20 years?

3. In your capacity as a combat medic, have you ever had occasion to treat casualties who has sustained severe injuries as a result of combat trauma?

The term Combat Medic is loosely used by me to describe someone who has treated casualties on the frontline attached to an infantry unit or a mechanised unit etc. If someone answers yes to the three qualifying questions then I would love to get their input.
  7. Great to see the responses coming in on the questionnaire. Thank you very much to those of you who have contributed so far. UK Forces have responded the most so far. The research will continue until September so if you have five minutes to spare then your assistance is truly appreciated.
  8. Progress going well so far. Thank you to all who have contributed so far. The Americans just passed the British in terms of contribution! If you can spare five minutes you will be contributing to a worthwhile cause. Cheers.
  9. Mexican - Next door neighbour might be able to help. His operational experiences might be of use. I'll direct him to the link later this evening. Shame you don't want other experiences in this field as the other neighbour is in the Dublin Fire Service.