Ex-Service Personnel to mentor school children

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by redsquirrel, Jan 31, 2013.

?

Good idea?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2013.
  1. Yep

50.0%
  2. Nah

50.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another thread? One appears about every month.

2. Do you mean another thread from me, or on this subject?

3. The advert for the next group of trainee mentors for this project is out now. Just seen it on Lancashire County Council's website unver 'vacancies'

4. So, trainee mentors, huh? Which means the mentor would have a mentor and that mentor would have had a mentor. And you end up with senior mentor to a mentor who mentors trainee mentors.
    I'm assuming these are publicly funded mentors? (ie, paid for by the taxpayer)
    "Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em.
    And lttle fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad-infinitum."

5. Ex-B

The mentors are to be mentored in their mentoring, I suppose. But their mentor would need to be someone who knows how to mentor rather than an inexperienced mentor who needed mentoring.

BM

As I understand it, they're not running a Boot-Camp like other schemes. So, no... no steely-eyed dealers of death, no blanket stacking, no swingers of the lamp, no camnet dossers and no Walting.

6. Hey Redsquirrel how's things?

7. Not dead yet. How's about yourself, Reb?

8. Hanging on in there as they say.

9. Least I know there's a job for me back home if and when I leave. Oh wait no they won't this will all be forgotten about by the local education authority by the time Tuesdays edition of the LET hits my corner shop.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

10. You seriously want to return to East Lancs when you leave? Good luck with that. Nice walking country the West Pennine moors but not much else to commend it.

11. Return? I still live there!

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

12. Complete waste of time. The whole soldiers for teachers will follow a similar route....

13. I know a guy who is part way through the skill force program, ex infantry, he is really enjoying it, brand new career

14. But we've got a Tory government now. I hear Michael Gove has his minions scouring German retirement homes looking for former Einsatzgruppen squaddies to deal with the discipline problems left behind by Labour.