• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ex-Service Personnel to mentor school children

Good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The advert for the next group of trainee mentors for this project is out now. Just seen it on Lancashire County Council's website unver 'vacancies'

So, trainee mentors, huh? Which means the mentor would have a mentor and that mentor would have had a mentor. And you end up with senior mentor to a mentor who mentors trainee mentors.
I'm assuming these are publicly funded mentors? (ie, paid for by the taxpayer)
"Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em.
And lttle fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad-infinitum."

Ex-B

The mentors are to be mentored in their mentoring, I suppose. But their mentor would need to be someone who knows how to mentor rather than an inexperienced mentor who needed mentoring.

BM

As I understand it, they're not running a Boot-Camp like other schemes. So, no... no steely-eyed dealers of death, no blanket stacking, no swingers of the lamp, no camnet dossers and no Walting.

Least I know there's a job for me back home if and when I leave. Oh wait no they won't this will all be forgotten about by the local education authority by the time Tuesdays edition of the LET hits my corner shop.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Least I know there's a job for me back home if and when I leave. Oh wait no they won't this will all be forgotten about by the local education authority by the time Tuesdays edition of the LET hits my corner shop.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
You seriously want to return to East Lancs when you leave? Good luck with that. Nice walking country the West Pennine moors but not much else to commend it.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
This is the kind of idea I would have, along with some others - Masai debt collectors, Gurkha doormen and the like (I think some bright spark actually did that one)

The difference is that you should not use squaddies, but Shaolin monks. I thought of setting up a CP company and staffing it with them. A quick google reveals that there's a market. hu-qiong_1635956c.jpg

Hu Qiong, a 38-year-old monk who began studying kung fu at the Shaolin temple aged eight, was hired by the Liu family to accompany their daughter to and from school each day, according to the Shanghai Daily newspaper.

After dropping the young girl off at seven o'clock in the morning, Hu will scour the school premises for any sign of danger. In return, he receives a salary of around £1,000 a month.

In the past month there have been nine attacks involving young children, including five at kindergartens or primary schools. On Wednesday, a man in Shaanxi province stabbed seven children to death and two adults at a village kindergarten, injuring 11 more.

The spate of violence has triggered panic among Chinese parents and the government has ordered tens of thousands of police to mount extra patrols at schools.

The monk won notoriety two years ago at the China Martial Arts Stunts competition by holding a fast spinning electric drill to his head and stomach without sustaining any injuries. He also caught a running electric saw with his bare hands, winning him the nickname "Iron Man".

[video=youtube;EfunQGum8dU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfunQGum8dU[/video]

This is the kind of idea I would have, along with some others - Masai debt collectors, Gurkha doormen and the like (I think some bright spark actually did that one)

The difference is that you should not use squaddies, but Shaolin monks. I thought of setting up a CP company and staffing it with them. A quick google reveals that there's a market. View attachment 122493

Hu Qiong, a 38-year-old monk who began studying kung fu at the Shaolin temple aged eight, was hired by the Liu family to accompany their daughter to and from school each day, according to the Shanghai Daily newspaper.

After dropping the young girl off at seven o'clock in the morning, Hu will scour the school premises for any sign of danger. In return, he receives a salary of around £1,000 a month.

In the past month there have been nine attacks involving young children, including five at kindergartens or primary schools. On Wednesday, a man in Shaanxi province stabbed seven children to death and two adults at a village kindergarten, injuring 11 more.

The spate of violence has triggered panic among Chinese parents and the government has ordered tens of thousands of police to mount extra patrols at schools.

The monk won notoriety two years ago at the China Martial Arts Stunts competition by holding a fast spinning electric drill to his head and stomach without sustaining any injuries. He also caught a running electric saw with his bare hands, winning him the nickname "Iron Man".

[video=youtube;EfunQGum8dU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfunQGum8dU[/video]

This is what happens when you buy tools from Aldi... should've put his hand in his pocket and bought a decent drill and some proper drill bits... doesn't impress me, just makes me think this fell is a cheap twat.

Latest Threads