• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ex Service - now NHS - Service counts annual leave calc

Hi all,
For any ex-service personnel (or managers of them) now working in NHS
I've just discovered that my army service counts towards calculation of reckonable service for annual leave - (Just got extra 5 days leave) at least in NHS Scotland (presumable for all NHS as it is in the AFC terms and conditions.)--

http://www.ghpscot.org.uk/documents/hdl2006_49.pdf

NHS HDL (2006) 49
AGENDA FOR CHANGE – ANNUAL LEAVE POLICY

6.2 Calculation of Reckonable Service

The person must have worked for an organisation delivering health services in a not for profit environment or organisation. - I think HM forces counts as this !!! (as does our Greater Glasgow & Clyde HR)

Lab1 said:
Hi all,
For any ex-service personnel (or managers of them) now working in NHS
I've just discovered that my army service counts towards calculation of reckonable service for annual leave - (Just got extra 5 days leave) at least in NHS Scotland (presumable for all NHS as it is in the AFC terms and conditions.)--

http://www.ghpscot.org.uk/documents/hdl2006_49.pdf

NHS HDL (2006) 49
AGENDA FOR CHANGE – ANNUAL LEAVE POLICY

6.2 Calculation of Reckonable Service

The person must have worked for an organisation delivering health services in a not for profit environment or organisation. - I think HM forces counts as this !!! (as does our Greater Glasgow & Clyde HR)
You dont seem sure.

My service years counted towards my leave entitlement at the university I work for. I was surprised (and delighted), but was told that service time counts for all government funded entities, universities, the NHS, Civil Service etc.

Latest Threads