Ex-SAS selling smock on ebay.

Id be more gutted if he demanded 8.99 for postage after id spent a quarter of a million on it

Hescoheed

Old-Salt
He hasn't got back to me with an answer to my question yet:

"Do you by any chance have the SAS- wind/rain proof trousers to match? And I was looking for the SAS stealth over boots and the fire retardant anti-noise gloves and liners. I was looking for the complete set as I already have the SAS respirator"

I don't expect an answer as he must have cottened on by now .......surely!

(Edited for being a spelling biff)

crumpets

Old-Salt
arent you going to have to pay that- isnt it legally binding?
bloody funny though if you get away with it!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Hescoheed said:

"Do you by any chance have the SAS- wind/rain proof trousers to match? And I was looking for the SAS stealth over boots and the fire retardant anti-noise gloves and liners. I was looking for the complete set as I already have the SAS repirator"

I also asked him to confirm it was a genuine SAS waterproof smock but I'm still waiting for a reply.

If this thing goes over a million, I'm going to run out of money. Might have to sell my [insert really nice and expensive car here].

williammcmanners said:
It's not legally binding as it is against ebay policy to sell an item which isn't what the seller says it is.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Biped said:
Hescoheed said:

"Do you by any chance have the SAS- wind/rain proof trousers to match? And I was looking for the SAS stealth over boots and the fire retardant anti-noise gloves and liners. I was looking for the complete set as I already have the SAS repirator"

I also asked him to confirm it was a genuine SAS waterproof smock but I'm still waiting for a reply.

If this thing goes over a million, I'm going to run out of money. Might have to sell my arrse.
Do you really think that'll earn you enough?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
williammcmanners said:
No it isn't. He is guilty of false advertising - and if he tries to get clever and supplies the real mcoy just to get his money - it won't look like the picture that was used to advertise it.

"Waaaaaahhhhhhh, but I wanted to pay a million for the one I saw in the picture, which is the one you said was real (and waterproof)".

Hescoheed said:

He hasn't replied to me either, I told him I really, really, really like the army and the SAS in particular, and has the smock ever seen combat, if so where? and if I'm out bid has he got any more.... :cyclopsani:

Like how he says the sas 'cough' smock is an unwanted gift, yet tells Fally he is ex-sas, not much of a leaving gift after being with the 'boys'

Darth_stab

Clanker
it will be interesting to see how many of these suddenly come on the market.

Description says very warm, oh course it is , it's a NBC Jacket

Certa_Cito

War Hero
Fallschirmjager said:
Legs said:
Wouldn't it be funny if it WAS a genuine SAS WIND/RAIN PROOF SMOCK and you were all mistaken....
It is genuine. It is MINE and whoever wins it must PAY ME :thumright:

Don´t know about paying you millions Fallschirmjäger, but if I ever bump into you I´ll buy you a pint or three for the laughs that this one is giving me :thumright:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
K, folks - we've got 6 days and four hours. Let's see just how high we can get this baby to go before he rumbles it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Military History and Militaria 107
blackmetallic The NAAFI Bar 47
old_fat_and_hairy The Book Club 0

Latest Threads