Ex Royal Scot in March for justice around UK

According to his placard shown in the picture he is ex RSM SCOTS GUARDS not RS which may answer the question in relation to his kilt.

That doesn't explain the Patterned Glengarry and have the Jock Guards started to wear kilts ? Or not bothered with a Sporran ? a Guardsman with shirt buttons Undone ? The empire is lost. Surely is not an ex member of 49 Para working undercover ?

The appallingly sloppy turnout and bearing of this gentleman is certainly inconsistent with the former status he claims. However his Glengarry, kilt and white socks appear to approximate that worn by the Pipes and Drums of the Scots Guards. Although I confess not to be an expert - am a former Green Howard myself!

There is a picture gallery on the link shown

http://www.sgapipeband.com/

I am sure that many Scot's Guardsmen are cringing at the sight of him!

Regards and best wishes

oldbaldy

LE
TartanJock said:
An ex RSM! who is he kidding. Did he actually serve in the Royal Scots? No doubt some of the lads will come on and make us wise.
He was not Royal Scots, his board says he was SG. Except SG have never heard of him!
another walt
:twisted:

Thats Brian Haw sitting in front of him giving the victory salute. I thought the Police had taken his home away in a container and banned him from Parliament Square???

They don't like it up them at Indymedia, do they? :D

As soon as someone puts up a decent and straight forward question, a 'representative' springs up to disparage the previous poster with such terms as 'discriminatory' How very typical of such insightful groups. :roll:

From the Oxford Student ...

We left Cain and Abel, and began a conversation with Edwin Linton, a 56 year old reformed alcoholic who in the last fourteen months has managed to get off the streets and off the drink. Edwin's description of his past was grim: "I was born in Scotland. Both my parents were alcoholics. I joined the army. I did 17 years in the army before I was thrown out, because I was an alcoholic. When I went home after being in the army, I was rejected. So I thought, right then, I'll go to London
Maybe not an RSM but the article seems pretty honest.

leedsshc.org - Grey area said:
Edwin Linton's wrinkled face tells its own story of a hard, tormented life. He joined the Scots Guards at 16. He served in Northern Ireland, where his best mate was killed by a booby-trap bomb. He was posted to war zones in Aden and north Africa. He rose to the rank of regimental sergeant-major, but was kicked out without a pension after 17 years due to chronic alcoholism.
article is here (scroll down to Grey Area).

</p>
amended to read ... don't know how true this is though!

Whilst his story sounds horrible, would someone who managed to work their way up to RSM in 17yrs (is that possible?), be so blind to the workings of the world to think...

So I thought, right then, I'll go to London. I'll show everyone at home what living can mean. I thought the streets would be paved with gold. I'd get a Rolls Royce and I'd take it back home and show them that London is the place to be. So I hit London, and I landed on the Embankment. And when I got the Embankment, I was given two blankets and a piece of cardboard. And that's where I ended up".
It just doesn't add up to me... :?

Further to my last he claims to have been posted to war zones in Northern Irleand, Aden and North Africa. URL is as shown above. According to claims made in that article he would presently be 62 years old and have been have been RSM at 33.

oldbaldy

LE
rockape34 said:
leedsshc.org - Grey area said:
Edwin Linton's wrinkled face tells its own story of a hard, tormented life. He joined the Scots Guards at 16. He served in Northern Ireland, where his best mate was killed by a booby-trap bomb. He was posted to war zones in Aden and north Africa. He rose to the rank of regimental sergeant-major, but was kicked out without a pension after 17 years due to chronic alcoholism.
article is here (scroll down to Grey Area).

</p>
amended to read ... don't know how true this is though!
So he is 56. Means born c1950.
Joined Army at 16 so say 1966.
Army left Aden in 1967. The only time the Scots Guards were in Aden was 1964 as an Exercice when 2SG went from Kenya where they served from 62-64. 1SG moved from UK to Malaya in 1964.
North Africa. 1 SG went on exercise to Lybia in 1960. 2SG in 1968.
So if he was in 2SG he was not in a 'War Zone' he was on excercise.
He was not an RSM in the Scots Guards. (I have a list of all RSMs)
The Scots Guards Association have not heard of him.

Latest Threads