Ex-Rhodesia leader Ian Smith dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chalice, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bet there's a party at Mugabe's place tonight (Go on Ian, haunt that b@stard!).

2. He was a gent. Way ahead of the times. Shame the country is now in freefall.

3. a defender of GB in WWII and a hero RIP

4. Yes a Hero, Rest in Peace.

5. RIP a honest politic - if ever there was one .

6. Maybe he's now in a position to petition higher powers to help get the country back on its feet...
    Don't think anything short of a miracle is going to help Zim and her people now

7. I can never really decide how I feel about this bloke, maybe if he had been more flexible in the 60's ZIM wouldn't be in the state it is now, also he took part in a rebellion against the crown and his AF took part in biological warfare.

On the other hand a genuine hero who is probably standing tall before the man now saying he acted as he thought best for all of his people of what ever colour.

RIP

8. the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation just broadcast a character assassination of him by one of Mugabe's men. Detailed how much damage he'd done to the country. Of course Mugabe has put it all right now!

9. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

He also travelled 10,000 km to fly and fight in the Battle of Britain when Britain needed him and had the scars to prove it.

10. 30 years ago when I first came across him he was an inspiration. A different breed than most politicians of his time. I liked the man, what he stood for and what he had done for GB.

RIP

11. RIP.

Valhalla awaits...

12. Top man, put his country (and ours) first before himself, not for any dosh or monetary reasons, and I dare anyone else to name one since.
    Oh, apart from Anders Fogh Rasmussen in Dk.
    HtB

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Hamba kahle, uBaba.

14. Nil nisi bonum, so I'm saying nowt.