Ex Regular wishing to go s type.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Rudie, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a friend who served 3 years in the infantry,coming out in 1998.
    He is almost 35 and keeps himself fit. He's been champing at the bit to get back in,but is too old.
    Would the TA take him,and would he be able to get an s type to Afghanistan pretty quickly?

2. Yes the STABs would take him - subject to usual conditions - apparently there are no more S-Types but he can go to Afghan on an FTRS or mobilisation if thats his fancy. Just needs to fininsh his trade training and pass his name up CoC.

3. How long do you think it would take to get posted to an infantry battalion to go on ops in Afghanistan?

4. msr

msr LE

Tell him to phone his local unit and ask them. If he came out 10 years ago, I suspect it may not be in 2009.

msr

5. Cheers,I thought as much.
    I served 12 and I've been out 10 years this April,and I have no intention of ever going back. My mate never went on ops in his time,except NI during the cease fire.Usually when we hook up over a beer,the army storys start flowing,he is single and I can understand his wanting to get back into the life.
    Thanks for replying.