Ex regular looking at joining the TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by BigAlbert, Jul 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just a quick question. Got out a year ago and looking at the TA. Going to see a bloke from my old regiment who's posted to a TA Unit near me on wednesday. Im familiar with the full bounty and less training days. Was wondering if i would go in at the daily rate of pay i was on in the regs. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question ;-) Any help/advice/clarification gratefully received

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. Big Al,

get the recruiting chappies there to check the DINs (can't remember the number off the top of my heed). As long as you join within 3 yrs of leaving, you should start with your rank and seniority intact; the Unit can overbear locally in the rank if needs be,. So yes, you should start at the same point on the pay spine but bear in mind you'll not get the full X Factor.

Hope this helps - but double check, as I'm old and get easily confused these days.

3. Ta very much. I thought I'd read it somewhere ages ago. Thats f%&king sweet then. Defo guna go for it. Its missing the lads thats persuaded me to do it.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using ARRSE mobile app

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The unit may be able to overbear, but there is no guarantee. If they have a PID available for you then all well and good. If they have none available in your rank, and if they cannot free one up for you, then you may need to drop down to the nearest available one.

5. Its alright, I was only a level 7 of 7 trooper so no biggie :)

6. Where do you plan on living? Sounds like Yeomanry may be your bag. RwY are doing big push on recruiting ex-RAC regulars.

7. Im in London so its looking like RY

8. RY equally good, RwY will be more CR2 / Armd Recce focused, RY will be linked to QDG and Light Cav role. Both doing big pucsh on ex-reg recruiting, will scan the ad from RwY to give you an idea tomorrow!

9. Sorry for delay here is the RWxY ad, pretty good in my opinion:

Attached Files:

10. Good add, aims to do exactly what it says, we really could do with more of that in recruiting. My only hassle with the Regular to Reserve Transfer (RY),aside from losing the man-made fabrics, was the security clearances - day of leaving all DV, SC disappeared - now in the process of getting the clearances transferred which is not as simple as it could have been. Good luck