Ex-regular Infantry to medicine

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Askival, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello you lot.

I'm asking a question here about rejoining. I was an Infantry offr for 12 years and am now a medical student. I'll qualify as a doctor in 2011. I've asked around and no one can give me a straight answer to this simple question: will I get any seniority for my previous service if I join RAMC as a doctor, or do I have to start as 2Lt all over again?

Cheers guys.

2. All docs start as a Captain.

There you go.
  3. Someone in your position was on my recent aquaint visit. The point they made was that rank goes along with medical career progession, so no.
  4. With 12 years experience as an officer, I am stunned that you don't know the right people to ask, I would start with AMD Officer recruitment perhaps....
  5. Check PMs Askival.
  6. Hi mate,

To be honest I'm stunned by that reply.

My post did say that I've had no straight answers!!! in fact, no consistent answer either, and that's after asking my Inf TA desk officer to enquire at APC, the APC AMS desk officer, the SO2 Med, the recruiting people, an Adjt of a Med Regt, the list goes on.....

All the best, Nick