Ex reg NCO completing Alpha, Bravo and CIC

Hi ladies and gents,

I just had a good weekend with my potential future regiment and after 8 years out of the army I am having to complete Alpha, Bravo and CIC. This is not an issue and will be basic, my question is this..... as a 31 year old guy that served in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghan (2009 Herrick 10) as an NCO in the Rifles, Will I end up with a young lance jack or full screw talking to me like a cock?

Not sure if anyone has any experience of going through A, B and CIC as a former regular NCO. I have heard a mixed bag ranging from you end up helping out and being left alone through to they talk to you like a crow bag.

Cheers guys

S&B

Hi ladies and gents,

I just had a good weekend with my potential future regiment and after 8 years out of the army I am having to complete Alpha, Bravo and CIC. This is not an issue and will be basic, my question is this..... as a 31 year old guy that served in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghan (2009 Herrick 10) as an NCO in the Rifles, Will I end up with a young lance jack or full screw talking to me like a cock?

Not sure if anyone has any experience of going through A, B and CIC as a former regular NCO. I have heard a mixed bag ranging from you end up helping out and being left alone through to they talk to you like a crow bag.

Cheers guys

S&B
I would reckon that as an experienced ex NCO you would understand when it's required to chip in, and when, for the sake of unit cohesion, accept the orders of a serving NCO (age is irrelevant) and take bollockings on the chin with the rest of the lads.

You'll get more respect doing it that way, than you'd ever get being a cocky bastard and cutting about in your gongs giving it the big 'I am.'

This is not a dig at you BTW.

Fully understand that pal, and will be spending the majority of my time supporting the other guys through the few weeks. Just had a weekend taking a lot on the chin and just cracking on with it so that is fine by me. Luckily I am far from cocky and wont be cutting about in my gongs haha. Thanks for the reply it is appreciated

Fully understand that pal, and will be spending the majority of my time supporting the other guys through the few weeks. Just had a weekend taking a lot on the chin and just cracking on with it so that is fine by me. Luckily I am far from cocky and wont be cutting about in my gongs haha. Thanks for the reply it is appreciated
You'll obviously be aware that you get get cocks in all walks of life - no guarantee that you won't find the odd Junior DS acting like one - but TBH I'd think it unlikely.

You will find some of it tedious; you will find some of the DS aren't necessarily of the level you'd expect. Such is life.

Enjoy.

CetA

You'll obviously be aware that you get get cocks in all walks of life - no guarantee that you won't find the odd Junior DS acting like one - but TBH I'd think it unlikely.

You will find some of it tedious; you will find some of the DS aren't necessarily of the level you'd expect. Such is life.

Enjoy.

CetA

Thanks mate, I agree and it is only a few weekends followed by a few weeks max so not an issue at all. Should be good for blowing the cobwebs out and I am sure it will be an experience

Thanks mate, I agree and it is only a few weekends followed by a few weeks max so not an issue at all. Should be good for blowing the cobwebs out and I am sure it will be an experience
How's it going?

I'm quite surprised they're making you redo the whole lot! We've had a few ex regs join us who have been out more than six years. We just assessed their fitness and weapon handling, and if they were up to scratch we applied for a training waiver (AFB 203). If that was successful they were booked in for a medical and then attested. Simple as can be.

I'm quite surprised they're making you redo the whole lot! We've had a few ex regs join us who have been out more than six years. We just assessed their fitness and weapon handling, and if they were up to scratch we applied for a training waiver (AFB 203). If that was successful they were booked in for a medical and then attested. Simple as can be.
8 years may be pushing it for a waiver.

8 years may be pushing it for a waiver.
It obviously depends on the individual but it's always worth a punt, especially if they were an NCO. They're pretty good and will generally grant a waiver for Phase 1 at least. PM me if you want any more info.

I had a 15 year gap before I re-joined. My unit put me through Alpha and I was lined up for Bravo before someone had a moment of clarity and got me a waiver. This isn't a one-off as I know a guy who joined 131 CDO with a similar amount of time 'outside'.
The instructors were fine; in fact the most common question I got was "what the f*ck are you doing here?" (I don't think they meant that adversely!).

Unfortunately, the system did insist that I went back and did my 'Juniors' again....which was nice, but again, I had no issues with being dicked around.

My advice would be to push for a waiver; good luck!

With all of your previous experience, I'm a little surprised you felt the need to ask the original question, rather than work it out for yourself. Good luck.