Ex-prisoners can join police !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bizarrely this was from the DUP, not PSF/PIRA. In fact, a SF MLA has been moaning that the DUP has a councillor who was responsible for killing the MLA's mate. Great, pot calling kettle black!

This is, of course, utter lunacy!
  2. Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

Surely handing the keys of the asylum to the inmates...
  3. I really feel for the RUC (or PSNI as it's now called) they've been really shat on by the GFA.

Spoke to a guy from up there whilst on a course, he was saying morale is rock bottom within the service there.
  4. This is a wind-up... right? 8O
  5. Aren't there ex-prisoners in the Army?
  6. But only if they show signs of repent!!! 'Hail Mary', "Welcome, you're in"...

Int gathering in the extreme. Only in a diplomatic country could something this totally stupid be allowed to happen. Words cannot describe how ludicrous this all is. The British Govt. is being laughed at....
  7. Correct.
  8. After a Google search I've worked out what that means, but yes,you are right.
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

But not if you have an 'offensive' Army tattoo.
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Now tempting being called a geek (I do possess tank tops, enough said), this phrase was made famous by the comic book called 'watchmen', I'm thinking A4 here...
  11. Oh **** off - Being a soldier with a tat never will equate to being a terrorist!
  12. I read in yesterday's Daily Mirror that the PSNI are now advertising for recruits in the Polish section of a Dublin newspaper - in Polish.

A PSNI spokesman responded to criticism that the adverts will attract non-English speakers by saying:

My guess is that due to the 50% Roman Catholic / 50% "other" recruitment rule, they are being forced to accept some Roman Catholics who are not up to the same standard as their "other" contemparies.

To counter this why not widen the net for a higher quality Pape? Since most Poles are Roman Catholic & there are plenty of them throughout Ireland (North & South) then some arrsewipe has reasoned that it would be a good idea, despite their being no shortage of potential & suitable recruits who actually live in Northern Ireland.
  13. Well, if a murdering terrorist can become a Minister in Government, this doesn't seem to merit much more of an outcry... :pissedoff:
  14. Nail. Head. Direct hit!