Ex-prisoners can join police !

Bizarrely this was from the DUP, not PSF/PIRA. In fact, a SF MLA has been moaning that the DUP has a councillor who was responsible for killing the MLA's mate. Great, pot calling kettle black!

This is, of course, utter lunacy!

I really feel for the RUC (or PSNI as it's now called) they've been really shat on by the GFA.

Spoke to a guy from up there whilst on a course, he was saying morale is rock bottom within the service there.

This is a wind-up... right? 8O

Aren't there ex-prisoners in the Army?

But only if they show signs of repent!!! 'Hail Mary', "Welcome, you're in"...

Int gathering in the extreme. Only in a diplomatic country could something this totally stupid be allowed to happen. Words cannot describe how ludicrous this all is. The British Govt. is being laughed at....

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Trevelez said:
DozyBint said:
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

Surely handing the keys of the asylum to the inmates...
After a Google search I've worked out what that means, but yes,you are right.
[align=center]
[/align]

Now tempting being called a geek (I do possess tank tops, enough said), this phrase was made famous by the comic book called 'watchmen', I'm thinking A4 here...

Oh **** off - Being a soldier with a tat never will equate to being a terrorist!

The_Seagull said:
I really feel for the RUC (or PSNI as it's now called) they've been really shat on by the GFA.

Spoke to a guy from up there whilst on a course, he was saying morale is rock bottom within the service there.
I read in yesterday's Daily Mirror that the PSNI are now advertising for recruits in the Polish section of a Dublin newspaper - in Polish.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/northernire...58556&method=full&siteid=94762-name_page.html

A PSNI spokesman responded to criticism that the adverts will attract non-English speakers by saying:

"We're not saying they can't speak English. The adverts are in Polish because they are appearing in the Polish section of a Dublin newspaper and will hopefully be seen by more Polish people because of that.

"As part of our commitment to attract a wide range of applicants from different communities to a career in policing, the PSNI advertise imaginatively, persistently and extensively."

My guess is that due to the 50% Roman Catholic / 50% "other" recruitment rule, they are being forced to accept some Roman Catholics who are not up to the same standard as their "other" contemparies.

To counter this why not widen the net for a higher quality Pape? Since most Poles are Roman Catholic & there are plenty of them throughout Ireland (North & South) then some arrsewipe has reasoned that it would be a good idea, despite their being no shortage of potential & suitable recruits who actually live in Northern Ireland.

Fifth_Columnist said:
Well, if a murdering terrorist can become a Minister in Government, this doesn't seem to merit much more of an outcry... :pissedoff:
Nail. Head. Direct hit!

My guess is that due to the 50% Roman Catholic / 50% "other" recruitment rule, they are being forced to accept some Roman Catholics who are not up to the same standard as their "other" contemparies.

To counter this why not widen the net for a higher quality Pape? Since most Poles are Roman Catholic & there are plenty of them throughout Ireland (North & South) then some arrsewipe has reasoned that it would be a good idea, despite their being no shortage of potential & suitable recruits who actually live in Northern Ireland.
I am fairly certain Poles will be classified as "others" under the Consensia community background determination procedures.

BlotBangRub said:
I am fairly certain Poles will be classified as "others" under the Consentia community background determination procedures.
That's only provided that they (& the PSNI monitoring officers) tick the right box on the monitoring form to begin with.

I haven't seen the PSNI monitoring forms, but any others I have seen that are specific to NI have only three choices:

1. I am a member of the Roman Catholic community
2. I am a member of the Protestant community
3. I am neither a member of the Roman Catholic or the Protestant community

I think it's safe to say that a foreigner ignorant of the NI culture will happily tick the box for whatever religion they happen to be, before sending off the completed forms, unless it is stated in their application pack to do otherwise.

Also, unless instructed otherwise, any monitoring officer trying to fulfill their quotas are happily just going to add those supposedly anonymous forms to their RC pile.

Since they have an abundance of suitable "others" queueing up to join both the PSNI & the NI Prison Service, then why bother forking out extra money to widen that pool even more, when it is Roman Catholics that they are struggling to recruit?

[/quote]BlotBangRub wrote:

I am fairly certain Poles will be classified as "others" under the Consentia community background determination procedures.

That's only provided that they (& the PSNI monitoring officers) tick the right box on the monitoring form to begin with.

I haven't seen the PSNI monitoring forms, but any others I have seen that are specific to NI have only three choices:

1. I am a member of the Roman Catholic community
2. I am a member of the Protestant community
3. I am neither a member of the Roman Catholic or the Protestant community

I think it's safe to say that a foreigner ignorant of the NI culture will happily tick the box for whatever religion they happen to be, before sending off the completed forms, unless it is stated in their application pack to do otherwise.

Also, unless instructed otherwise, any monitoring officer trying to fulfill their quotas are happily just going to add those supposedly anonymous forms to their RC pile.

Since they have an abundance of suitable "others" queueing up to join both the PSNI & the NI Prison Service, then why bother forking out extra money to widen that pool even more, when it is Roman Catholics that they are struggling to recruit?

You do not determine this yourself for the purposes of either Consensia applications or the PSNI's obligation to determine the community background of it's members.

THEY DO.

Given your numerous "assumptions", I think the one thing it is safe to say is you don't actually know very much about this subject.

I would say the reason for seeking applicants from the Polish community was obvious, they represent a proportion of our community and we currently lack sufficient officers (or any) who can appreciate their specific needs or speak their language.