Ex Poacher - Needs support - Help for Heroes - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by josh5000red, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

After posting my plea for support only one kind person donated. I was really hoping that people would back me from the forum even if people only donated £1 (same approx value as - 2 choc bars, 3 packets crisps, 1 bag of chips).

Over 100 people viewed the post, so to have only 1 kind person donate was a shock!! This is such a great cause as we all know, so please even £1 or 50p will help more than you know. For those that use ebay, you can use paypal which is really easy!!

Previous post is below!

Many Thanks

Josh

Hi everyone,

I am an extra infantry soldier (private) who served in Iraq with 2 Royal Anglian. As a result of that tour and other operation tours, I have had friends who have suffered horrific injuries or lost their lives.

I am doing a climb of Mount Kilimanjaro for Help for Heroes and am aiming to raise £4000. I have to raise a minimum of £1300 by Jan so need as much support as poss!!

This is my page - www.justgiving.com/josh-butcher1

You can sponsor anything from £1 using a debit card or using paypal.

Any support especially from serving soldiers or veterans would mean a lot,

Thanks

Josh Butcher

2. Swamping the forum boards ain't gonna enamour you to many posters fella

3. Josh,
    I'm in the process of organising a charity bike ride for the same cause, the problem i see (please take as constructive criticism) the link you provide to "just giving" only has the appearance that it's the only thing you have done to raise funds, (no way am i implying it is, just looks that way).

Contact H4H they will give you guidance on how to raise funds and increase publicity, people are wary of making donations through forums for obvious reasons.

look here
    http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/9_steps.html

register your event and place it on their website, get the local press invovled etc. Then post links on here and i'm sure you will get a better response.

Also are you aware that injured servicemen are doing the same climb on the 23rd of this month? (ie: tomorrow)
    see here

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/kilimanjaro_heroes.html

Good Luck with your quest, don't give up, if your serious about raising the money you will be surprised how quick you can reach your target. :thumleft:

regards
    toffotoffee