Ex Poacher - Needs support - Help for Heroes - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by josh5000red, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

After posting my plea for support only one kind person donated. I was really hoping that people would back me from the forum even if people only donated £1 (same approx value as - 2 choc bars, 3 packets crisps, 1 bag of chips).

Over 100 people viewed the post, so to have only 1 kind person donate was a shock!! This is such a great cause as we all know, so please even £1 or 50p will help more than you know. For those that use ebay, you can use paypal which is really easy!!

Previous post is below!

Many Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am an extra infantry soldier (private) who served in Iraq with 2 Royal Anglian. As a result of that tour and other operation tours, I have had friends who have suffered horrific injuries or lost their lives.

I am doing a climb of Mount Kilimanjaro for Help for Heroes and am aiming to raise £4000. I have to raise a minimum of £1300 by Jan so need as much support as poss!!

This is my page - www.justgiving.com/josh-butcher1

You can sponsor anything from £1 using a debit card or using paypal.

Any support especially from serving soldiers or veterans would mean a lot,

Josh Butcher
  2. msr

msr LE

And please delete your popsts from all the other forums. No-one likes a spammer...

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, whilst its a noble cause, the free holiday part of it really fcuks some people off.
  4. I don't know if you've noticed, but we've got a little bit more on our plate at the moment: Begging Bowl - Help Them Out/Hols For Heroes

I may or may not get slated for this, but Help for Heroes gets a lot more money and support than Hols4Heroes. I, personally, witnessed a £6000 cheque being given to H4H (not Hols4Heroes) today, and IMHO, if that amount came to Hols4Heroes, it would make a bigger difference than the one they are already making.

Yours aye,

Standing by for abuse,

Sluggy xxx
  5. What form would you like the abuse, Miss Slug? I aim to please...