Ex-PMTM for NATO SecGen!

As someone with a vested interest, I can only say, "Oh for feck's sake, no!"

I would be a much better candidate, because I already know all the buzzwords and how the claims system works.

She can ruin NATO meaning the UK and US will no longer support the hangers on.
Which will make NATO more meaningful how? Like it or not geopolitically it is helpful to have a land mass between us and the Kremlin. Something the idiot EU should have realised when they started prodding about in the Ukraine.

Which will make NATO more meaningful how? Like it or not geopolitically it is helpful to have a land mass between us and the Kremlin. Something the idiot EU should have realised when they started prodding about in the Ukraine.

It won’t, but it will upset EU nations.

It won’t, but it will upset EU nations.
I agree. And it won't keep me awake at nights. Neither will the concept of an EU Army. I've worked with an EU MILORG. On a speed march up Trebevic near Sarajevo the going got tough so the Hungarians turned around and came back down. The Austrian Gebirgsjaeger kept going.

How can incompetence such as May's be rewarded with top notch jobs? (or the prospect of thereof).
Looking at Hansard, she seems to have zero interest in Defence.

In my defence I did say 'hard pressed', as in you can find someone worse, but it takes a bit of effort.

Here's a thought, has May been giving Ben Wallace sexual favours to get this glowing recommendation?
(now, try to get that mental image out of your head... you're welcome!)
You utter b@stard. Even mindbleach isn't strong enough to erase that.

You're welcome! Enjoy the rest of your day, and rooting your missus tonight!
:safe:
Root?! I will never be able to get a stiffy again after reading that! Serious drink will need to be taken to recover and blot out the image you put in my head.

I'm available to be sacked upwards.

Ahem. Please join the queue. There doesn't appear to be anyone standing behind me in it at the moment...

You utter b@stard. Even mindbleach isn't strong enough to erase that.

Is mindbleach required for the image of two Conservative politicians discussing individual freedoms (such as running through wheat fields) over a cup of tea and a traditional Edwardian-style picnic in a field?

The nearest to sexual favours they'd have got would be XPMTM inquiring of Wallace whether he'd like to dip his Cadbury's Crunchie finger in her honey pot, with neither of them spotting the innuendo.

Some people apparently waking up and having second thoughts.

'Ministers are to approach Lord Hague of Richmond, the former foreign secretary, about becoming the new head of NATO following the debacle in Afghanistan.

'They believe that the UK should field a strong British candidate to take charge of the western military alliance when Jens Stoltenberg, the present secretary-general, stands down next year.

'Senior figures in government believe Britain should take over the job because NATO will need a credible figure who can provide leadership and stand up to the Americans after President Joe Biden’s decision to pull out of Afghanistan without consulting his allies.

'Theresa May, the former prime minister, is one name that has been floated as a possible candidate for the NATO job. Some of Boris Johnson’s aides believe that she would be a credible candidate and pressing her case might remove an increasingly vocal backbench critic.

'However, some aides say Johnson has been stung by May’s attacks on a range of subjects so is unlikely to endorse her candidature.

'Instead, ministers see Hague, who led the Conservative Party from 1997 to 2001, as the best candidate. They think he is more likely to win support from other European governments angered at May’s performance during the Brexit negotiations.

“William is perfect if he’s willing to do it,” a minister said. “He’s got the background, is serious and sober and already knows a lot of the key players.”

'Mark Rutte, the Dutch prime minister, is also seen as a strong candidate to run Nato.

'The civilian leadership of the Atlantic alliance usually goes to a European but has been filled by a Briton only three times.

'The first secretary-general in 1952 was General Sir Hastings Ismay, Winston Churchill’s senior military adviser during the Second World War. The most recent was Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, who did the job between 1999 and 2003. He had previously been defence secretary in Tony Blair’s first cabinet.'

William Hague tipped as next Nato chief

Latest Threads