Ex-PMTM for NATO SecGen!

I wonder what Ben Wallace has been drinking?

'Defence Secretary Ben Wallace suggested former prime minister Theresa May would be an "excellent" candidate to succeed Mr Stoltenberg when he steps down next year.

"Theresa May was a fantastic prime minister in really tough times," he told Italian political magazine Formiche.

"I worked with her as the security minister. She would be an excellent candidate."

I wonder what Ben Wallace has been drinking?

Best of 3 ?

Drinking, snorting or smoking ?

Or a combination of all 3 ?

Anyone who recommends May for anything other than lavvy cleaning duties after her attempted capitulation at the feet of the EU deserves to be taken behind a building and executed.

Will she fire 20% of all NATO's military police?

Corbyn. He'd dissolve the whole organisation

In my defence I did say 'hard pressed', as in you can find someone worse, but it takes a bit of effort.

Here's a thought, has May been giving Ben Wallace sexual favours to get this glowing recommendation?
(now, try to get that mental image out of your head... you're welcome!)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
In my defence I did say 'hard pressed', as in you can find someone worse, but it takes a bit of effort.

Here's a thought, has May been giving Ben Wallace sexual favours to get this glowing recommendation?
(now, try to get that mental image out of your head... you're welcome!)
Or it could just be that he's had enough of sitting next to the old bag in the Commons!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
You could line everyone up in this country, and roll a dice, and be hard pressed to find anyone worse.

This list is people who'd be equally crap at the very least.

Abbott?
Blair?
Brown?
Flammenkeks?
Me?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
You could line everyone up in this country, and roll a dice, and be hard pressed to find anyone worse.

Oh and Piers Morgan.

n my defence I did say 'hard pressed', as in you can find someone worse, but it takes a bit of effort

Sorry, Listy, have to disagree. It takes no effort at all to identify Corbyn as someone worse, to almost any variant of the ‘Can you imagine someone worse to be …’ question. For instance:

Can you imagine anyone worse to be NATO Sec Gen? Yes, Jeremy Corbyn

Can you imagine anyone worse to be a top order England batsman? Yes, Jeremy Corbyn

The only one it doesn’t work for is ‘Can you imagine anyone worse to be leader of the Labour Party?’ (Whereupon one has the tricky task of deciding between Abbott, Burgon, Long-Bailey, Naz Shah….).

Or it could just be that he's had enough of sitting next to the old bag in the Commons!

I imagine this - she’s standing up in the Commons and being difficult so pack her off to NATO, forcing a by-election in what should be a safe seat, and get someone more pliable in to the Commons as a result.

Same device Mrs T attempted with Heath (offering him job of ambassador to the US) and which some argue Brown used with George Robertson, who was busy getting on Brown’s case about funding SDR properly. The theory is that Brown used the happy coincidence of Robertson’s reputation being high and the NATO vacancy to persuade Blair to send to GR to NATO thus allowing him to be ‘sacked upwards’ into a job he was interested in, while getting Brown a more compliant minister who’d allow him to avoid spending money on defence, which Hoon duly did…

I'm available to be sacked upwards.

And I'd be better at it than ex-PMTM.

Perhaps they ran hand in hand through the wheat fields together in their youth?