Ex PM, Ted Heath Dies.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by WhiteHorse, Jul 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shame, 50 years as an MP.

RIP

2. A highly talented man who, for all the right reasons, did the worst possible things.

3. ah heck, thats sad news :(

RIP Ted.

xxx

4. My ex-MP; he happily lived a hundred miles away from his constituency most of the time. On the few occasions I met him (he conducted my orchestra each Christmas) I found him arrogant and, well, slimy. I think his time in office was to the detriment of the country although he, like many less successful domestic politicians the world over, found his niche as an Elder Statesman. I don't celebrate his death, but as when Lord Callaghan died, I don't think we should suddenly don rose coloured glasses when assessing his life.

5. Are you a commie then?

RIP

Dave

6. Without wishing to speak ill of the dead........a bl**dy awful PM, arrogant and rude and in later life boosted his over inflated ego by going on junkets sucking up to foreign dictators (especially the Chinese, yes I know politicians in the real world have to deal with not very nice people, but they only have to do it when they're actually running a government), but hey, apparently very musically talented

7. 'Scuse me whilst I pick myself up from the floor laughing... No.

8. So its Maggie next then!

9. Does that mean the RNLI wont be going out to "Morning Cloud" any more

10. an arrogant snob who sold off our fishing rights to europe whithout informing the public. a man like many politicians who could never admit that he made mistakes.

11. I can't get overly excited about it. As far as I'm concerned he sold this country down the river. He knew full well what the 'European Project' was all about but lied his way past us to get us into it. He was the last of the post-war 'Throw it all away' PMs.

12. Michael Howard said that Ted Heath suffered a great misfortune in that Iain Macloud (his Chancellor?) died only three weeks after the election. Oh how I wish Macloud was the one that lived on - then the European fiasco/lies would not have occurred.

As mushroom said, for his war service and other talents - rip.

"Let the Choirboys rest easy tonight"

13. Good old Torygraph - "HRAC" , the Honourable Royal Artillery Comapany.