Ex PILGRIMS PROGRESS.....Get Orff My Land!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Oct 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In Horse & Hound this morning:
    Farmers in Wales have forced the Army to relocate a major nine day training exercise by banning troops from their land in protest over the hunt ban.
    The exercise...was due to take place...from 29 October - 6 November, but will now be moved to an undisclosed location.
  2. and your point is?????
  3. I don't have a 'point'! (That's not to say I'm pointless - just before the wags out there jump in). I'm only being being informative. Are you interested? If you were that concerned with my 'point', perhaps you could have enlightened us with yours.

If pushed, I'd say 'Good on 'em', having been a member of Sir Watkins Williams Wyn's Hunt who hunt country in North Wales.
  4. Quite right too - it was always on the cards when the Gov't banned hunting and lost the goodwill of the farmers. I'd do the same with my modest tranche of Wilts if the MoD was interested - not to spite the Army but the gutless proles in ill fitting suits who thought that there was no quid pro quo in the relationship between landowner and the MoD.

When I'm as rich as Croesus I'll never give my house to the National Trust in perpetuity. Same reason.
  5. Yeah fck em!, If I ever catch one of those pesky Pilgrims hiding in my feng-shui innercity garden utopia, I'll beat him to death with one of my zinc-plated ornamental garden features
  6. A bit pointless really, Labour or their supporters will not give a toss the only people who lose out are the Army.

If Islingtonites were prevented from taking Tarquin or Jocasta to their ethnic workshops or were banned from some other "vital" pursuit there would be uproar.
  7. This could be a blessing in disguise, lets face it, all the usual Welsh training areas have been done to death, and are overly familiar to many of us.
    Moving "Pilgrims Progress" up to Scotland, and working some new routes should at least perk up the DS, some of whom, could traverse the beacons blindfolded.
  8. Well said indeed!!!
    The world does happen to present different landscapes from time to time!