Ex-paratrooper waged guerrilla war and spied on neighbours

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by uncivil_service, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Read Article Here

A former paratrooper waged a back garden guerrilla war against his neighbours when a petty dispute got out of hand, a court heard yesterday.

Rod Scott, 64, set up a 16ft viewing platform draped in camouflage netting in his garden to observe Tony and Janet Durkin 'morning, noon and night.'

The retired teacher and his wife felt 'under siege' from his never-ending 'surveillance' and became prisoners in their own home.

Anyone know of this chap?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Been done mate, have a scout round :D

3. No but i wish i did. looks like he could be a very handy person to know.

4. Any chance of a link? Can't find anything.

I like the way the neighbours think his is qualled up in all manner of ninja stuff. Like, er, getting blatently pictured taking pictures of houses or building 16ft observation towers :D

Can we research the guy and find out if he is the real deal or an ex chef or somthing?

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Typical para - start a fight in an empty tree-house (ooops soz, OP) :twisted:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He's wearing a denni, he better had be the real deal.

Edited to add: He's also wearing AAC insignia if my eyes see straight. He must have transferred at some point.

7. He is :D

8. I can't believe that a house in Sheffield is worth 300k!!

9. Cam nets don't come cheap you know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Saw this in the paper-what a loon! Building an OP on your garden shed- his neighbour came of a bit of a exagerating dick though 'This man has three guns in his house and admits to being a trained killer' Oooh, how dare they let anyone whos had military training out on the street, they should be locked up as being potential murderers because they've handled a firearm! Not excusing the batsh1t insane behaviour of the chap in question though...

11. It's not, no it can't be, is it Gen Mike Jackson?!

12. Not fighting an enemy then make one.

13. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

There is nothing made up about Rod!
    Like his style, I have few neighbours could benefit from the OP treatment!!

Nice drills