Ex-Paratrooper killed in an industrial blender

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Filbert Fox, Sep 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ex-paratrooper killed in industrial blender - Telegraph

Not a nice way to go, are there any? apart from the one involving filthy sex with a load of top lingerie models?

5 medals of honour!

Attached Files:

2. Poor bugger.Not a nice way to go.

3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Horrible way to go, He seems a bit young to have served down south with 3 Para? or is my maths bad. maybe a misprint on his Op tours.

4. No your maths is spot on if he was 44 then he would have been 15 or 16 during the Falklands War, maybe some of our 3 Para Brethren could enlighten us!!

5. Just bunged a link on the AB site to see if anyone has heard of him.

6. He may well have served in the Falklands, just not during 1982?

7. It just says he served in the Falklands; not that he was there on Op Corperate. He's younger than me, so he wouldn't have even been in during that time - I was just coming to the end of Junior Leaders at the time.

8. Quite, although whilst it didn't specify 'the falklands conflict' putting that in the first paragraph with bosnia was misleading at best. Downright shoddy journalism.

Dreadful nasty as hell way to go, poor sod.

9. 'Quite, although whilst it didn't specify 'the falklands conflict' putting that in the first paragraph with bosnia was misleading at best. Downright shoddy journalism.'

I've put a post on the Daily Mail website to this effect.

10. ..which is odd as the link's to The Telegraph.

11. I served in Germany but not from 1939-1945!

12. Yeah that one phased me a bit too. However upon investigation (thanks for making me go to their website, thanks a bunch) there is a story about it in the mail. Sad thing there is that they say that he served in 'three war zones' and listed bosnia, kuwait and the falklands.

Sloppy sloppy nonsense.

13. Who the fuck climbs inside a machine like that without locking out the switchgear first?
    Poor poor drills.

14. The poor bloke's been killed in what looks like to be a monumental fuck-up. There's plenty of serving blokes killed in accidents quite regularly. Will their deaths be posted in here too and the piss ripped out of them?

15. I've seen operators tape guard switches down so they could use foot triggered press brakes without having the guard in place. It takes a bit of head scratching to design a series of interlocks that cannot be over-ridden.

Joe Bloggs will do some mental things when working with large machines however in this day and age I would have thought that the HSE will already be on the way.