Ex Para WO guilty of handling stolen military goods

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Because greed is a hell of a thing

3. I think we all know of SNCOs (particularly catering) who lost their pensions and got kicked out for fiddling no more than a couple of hundred quids worth of stuff. As was said earlier, greed and the urge to make a fast buck often gets in the way of common sense

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think we all forget that kit in the stores has been bought and paid for by the tax payer. Its probably easy to become a bit detached from that reality when you handle it all the time and start to think it belongs to you - he probably didn't even think he was stealing it.

How many of us have not been handed something in the stores which was handed over as if it was the personal gift of the storeman and how many of us have not been given 'buckshee' kit at one time or another which we probably regard as our personal property now.

Perhaps not such a great leap to flogging the buckshee stuff on eBay.

BTB I'd like to know what this kit: 'Boots and daysacks' is that is not available to the general public. The only thing that I'm aware of that is not available yet is MTP.

5. msr

msr LE

I think you need to revisit MATT6.

msr

6. Was just on the news,they mentioned a Marine was also caught in the latest 'purge'.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You're confused if you think I'm endorsing or excusing such behaviour. I am perhaps trying to understand and explain.

8. The time honoured reply of the miltary fantasist. Just waiting for the SOLID C bollocks to be released................

9. In 2007 the QM of 170 got caught doing similar.
    During a G10 check the lads noticed they were down a circular saw. Nobody knew where it was so the decision was made to purchase a second hand one and get it labelled BER. So when the lads went onto E-Bay they were rather upset when they saw THEIR circular saw complete with labelled packing case for sale. They reported it to the RMP (there is an SIB det on Chetwynd Bks) and it turns out it was the Regt QM!!

10. SOLIDC? you mean CDRILS really dont you...yeah they changed that as well for some reason known only to them.

11. I can’t see the problem myself, perk of the Job. After all a little bit of thieving is no different to a little bit of speeding or a little bit of not paying a TV licence (when watching TV), surley @.@

Anyway more to the point, come on, we all know your reading this, whats your ARRSE Log in :-D:biggrin:

12. It's the 11th commandment: 'Thou must not get caught'.

13. caarps..............

14. Law 1 “The only Crime is getting Caught”
    Law 2 Don’t f*cking bleat like a f*cking baby if you break Law 1

15. msr

msr LE

Fantasist?