ex-para Billy Boyle - boxer

Just wondered if anyone on here from the Parachute Regiment (or any regiment for that matter) knows of Billy Boyle, as he's fighting Nathan Cleverley for the Commonwealth light-heavyweight title in London on Friday. I've not seen him box before and just thought someone on here might know him, as he's ex-para reg.

It's being shown on Sky Sports on their Friday Night Fight show live if anyone's interested.

bataz said:
Fallschirmjager said:
bataz said:
He got battered.
Spoken like a true armchair warrior! :wink:
Armchair warrior? I'm a professional thai-boxer mate, how about you?
May I direct your eyes to the bottom of your post where you say chosen Regt, The Rifles. Correct me if I am wrong but are you allowed to be a professional thai-boxer and recruit in HM Forces ?

12minden said:
bataz said:
Fallschirmjager said:
bataz said:
He got battered.
May I direct your eyes to the bottom of your post where you say chosen Regt, The Rifles. Correct me if I am wrong but are you allowed to be a professional thai-boxer and recruit in HM Forces ?

He's obviously shite as a pro Thai boxer hence him joining the Army. ;)

12minden said:
bataz said:
Fallschirmjager said:
bataz said:
He got battered.
Yes because I am not going in the Army until 23rd August.

bataz said:
12minden said:
bataz said:
Fallschirmjager said:
bataz said:
He got battered.
Yes because I am not going in the Army until 23rd August.
Well in that case..............................

Get fcuked you civvie loser.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
12minden said:
bataz said:
Fallschirmjager said:
bataz said:
He got battered.

That's nasty, you heartless git. Can you guess which former member of the SAS trained him ?

I haven't been in the ring since the eighties and no doubt a youngster such as yourself would thrash me nowadays. No doubt you would have done in my peak, you being a pro and me a mere amateur. :(

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
The UK's best thai-boxer earns approx £1000 per fight, so somebody like myself who's had 8 fights could not make a living from the sport.

Fallschirmjager said:
I haven't been in the ring since the eighties and no doubt a youngster such as yourself would thrash me nowadays. No doubt you would have done in my peak, you being a pro and me a mere amateur. :(
I also did conventional boxing as an amatuer competing 28 times before taking up thai-boxing so i fully respect anybody who has the balls to get in the ring, just wanted to make the point that im not an "armchair warrior". :D

bataz said:
I also did conventional boxing as an amatuer competing 28 times before taking up thai-boxing so i fully respect anybody who has the balls to get in the ring, just wanted to make the point that im not an "armchair warrior". :D
Fair one mucker. The reason I brought it up to begin with is the amount of posters on this site (who the closest they've been to a ring is their mucker's bum cheeks on a drunken night out) who slag off any fighter for being beat in the ring. I presumed you were one of them. Obviously not. My fault, your mistake for not pointing it out to begin with! :)

Fallschirmjager said:
bataz said:
Fair one mucker. The reason I brought it up to begin with is the amount of posters on this site (who the closest they've been to a ring is their mucker's bum cheeks on a drunken night out) who slag off any fighter for being beat in the ring. I presumed you were one of them. Obviously not. My fault, your mistake for not pointing it out to begin with! :)
No probs, no hard feelings :D To be fair to Boyle, Cleverly is an extremely talented boxer whereas Boyle seemed to be the rough and ready slugger type which unfortunately just does not cut it in todays professional boxing world. Boyle complained after the fight that his corner shouldn't have thrown in the towel, but he was on his way to a hiding and they saved him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2/51 The NAAFI Bar 27
Ventress Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14
I The Intelligence Cell 7