Ex-Para and comrades fights for his wife

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Myss, Jun 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if post before, I did do a search and not see this man's name.

Link Quite a touching picture went with this article in today's Mail (yeh I know I know) with Mr Cramp and his ex-comrades in cap badges and blazers walking in time to support him in his case.
    I for one wish him the best of luck. :)
  2. Good luck to the old fella. Well done those others who answered the call.
  3. Absolutely disgusting.

Right, how do I get money to his savings account? Anyone got any ideas?

Beebs x
  4. It makes me sick to hear of cases such as this. A month's delay - and for what? If the court were really concerned, they'd consider the evidence at home and come up with the result the following morning. To my mind, the only evidence that needs to be considered is whether Dennis is adversely affecting his own health by looking after his wife. Certainly, separating the couple - and to an even greater extent, delaying a decision - will probably harm him mentally. Facing reality, there seems a strong prospect that Maria will pass away in the not too distant future. Forcibly separating man and wife at the evening of their life together is nothing short of cruelty, and in this case it doesn't seem to be a case of being cruel to be kind.

A further indictment on current society is that Dennis is having to fork out for his legal representation, while failed asylum seekers obtain legal aid to pursue obviously futile attempts to remain in the country (not that they get deported, anyway).

Come the revolution.... :evil:
  5. Jack Smith, 79, treasurer of the Central Lancashire Parachute Regiment Association is mentioned as one of his supporters so he is probably the right chap to handle donations.
    Address for Central Lancs PRA anyone?
  6. What a bunch of heartless ignorant nitwit's the (anti)Social (un)Service's seem to have become.

Don't they realize that at this stage in their live's, that every minute is important to them and any forced seperation is pure cruelty of the worst kind.

I can only think of one solution that may workout for all party's and that would be for the 'Hollies' to invite Mr Cramp to stay at their establishment for the duration.

I realize that this is a compromise and not a good one, as their best memory's will be in their own home, but at least they will be together.

Good luck Mr & Mrs Cramp, my thought's are with you both.

God bless.
  7. Any luck on getting an address for some one to handel funds that we can send to help this old man we all owe a lot to.
  8. This story enraged me, I'm totally disgusted. Where is 'Care in the Community' now? Lancashire County Council (and LCC Social Services in particular) are hypocrites...their own website spouts on about support for people to remain in their own homes. For years, committed social care organisations have worked to promote and maintain the independence of people such as Mr and Mrs Cramp. LCC's actions have put the cause back 100 years and caused so much unneccessary pain to this devoted couple. They should be supported properly to enable them to be together.