Ex-MOD Official:UK Vulnerable To Space Aliens

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Nov 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Daily Mail:

UFO sightings and alien visitors tend to be solely the reserve of sci-fi movies.

So when a former MoD chief warns that the country could be attacked by extraterrestrials at any time, you may be forgiven for feeling a little alarmed.

During his time as head of the Ministry of Defence UFO project, Nick Pope was persuaded into believing that other lifeforms may visit Earth and, more specifically, Britain.

And while Mr Pope says that there is no evidence of hostile intent, he insists it cannot be ruled out.

"There has got to be the potential for that and one is left with the uneasy feeling that if it turned out to be so, there is very little we could do about it," he said.

"If you believe these things are extra terrestrial craft then you cannot rule out that what is happening is some kind of covert reconnaissance."

'Aliens could attack at any time' warns former MoD chief
    By CHARLOTTE GILL
    Last updated at 14:03pm on 10th November 2006
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=415514&in_page_id=1770

2. Don't worry, if UFO's come, The Doctor will sort them out. If not, I've heard good things about this Torchwood group, they're not a bad bunch.

3. Nick Pope's book "Open Skies, Closed Minds". It's a good read.

4. Well I guess they'd fit in with the rest of the illegal aliens, :eek:

5. Just tell them that Al Quaida and the Taliban called their galactic leader's Mother a smelly old goat, with their technology it should be a quick extermination operation :)

6. Alien spacecraft are now classed as "residences" for council tax purposes.

That'll keep them away! :twisted:

7. having met my best mates girlfriend for the first time last night.......i now know that 'THEY' really are already here lol ;-)

8. I dont know why its taken them this long to realise! I remember at least one lieutenant RN who was definitely either on or from another planet!
    I thought for a while that the major recruiting centre for naval officers was the planet Zog.

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Will the biometrics still work on their ID cards?

10. Sorry, I never pay much attention to ANYBODY called Pope.

11. Nick Pope writes crappy books for gullible fcukwitz.

12. don't worry, if we can survive the "first strike", the invaders will die from obesity as their super-charged metabolisms try to process the MacDonalds. Or a dog will eat them.

I am safe because I have my Mk VII Tinfoil Helmet!

13. Isn't it more of a case of the UK being vulnerable to Daily Mail reports about the UK being vulnerable to aliens?

And probably reported in the Daily Mail.

14. daz

daz LE

Well that explains Frenchmongs presence on the forums then 8O :D

15. oldbooty wrote

Possibly a METO I know, or was she a woman from Venus? There are a few around. When they let their hair out of the old lady bun configeration...."Well heeeellllooo" (in best Leslie Phillips)

As for UFOs and invasions

That should be edited to