Ex-minister Stephen Timms stabbed at constituency event

Ironic that someone who has just left a cabinet position to be directly affected by one of the problems his government constantly failed to fix - knife crime, remember the slogan "tough on crime - tough on the causes of crime"

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
tropper66 said:
The BBC say it was a 21 year old Asian women, probably didn't like the outcome of the election

Well could have been worse and been one of the Cheeky girls!! watch the mental health act roll out on this one.

Bit more on Sky News

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...onstituency_Surgery_In_Beckton,_East_London__

Bootface said:
Acting Labour leader Harriet Harman commented: "One of the great strengths of the British political system is the everyday accessibility of MPs to their constituents but we can't have a situation where MPs are at risk.

"Parliament needs to consider how best to ensure MPs can carry out their responsibilities safely."
Because no other job carries a risk of getting knifed by a fruitcake.

count me out so thats 4999 :evil: have just about heard of him.
mps like vicars attract nutters :(
dealing with the public is potentially dangerous.
don't think asian women usually spring to mind when people picture a knife wielding thug :?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind, I'm sure the CPS will pursue this with as much vigour and determination as they would for anyone else.

Chef said:
Oh dear, how sad, never mind, I'm sure the CPS will pursue this with as much vigour and determination as they would for anyone else.
Just looked quickly at his record. TBH he seems like a decent MP. Aprox 600th lowest expense claims and managed a swing from the Conservatives this election to get 70% of the vote.

stacker1 said:
Bootface said:
Acting Labour leader Harriet Harman commented: "One of the great strengths of the British political system is the everyday accessibility of MPs to their constituents but we can't have a situation where MPs are at risk.
Because no other job carries a risk of getting knifed by a fruitcake.
It's that sort of thinking that makes me so glad Labour have gone.

StickyEnd said:
Chef said:
Just looked quickly at his record. TBH he seems like a decent MP. Aprox 600th lowest expense claims and managed a swing from the Conservatives this election to get 70% of the vote.
He may not have stolen our money, but that doesn't make him a good MP. His membership of Labour makes him a bad MP, and a bad person in general. Here's hoping for complications.

Latest Threads