EX MEMBERS OF THE 1ST BATTALION THE WESSEX REGIMENT

hi all,i was wondering if there are any ex members of the above TA regiment who are members of ARRSE...i am an ex member of A COY 1 WESSEX based at bristol between 1983 and 1990..and would love to hear from my old buddies...or other members of 1 wessex companys... :D

Do a search for "Wessex Regiment" mate, theres a few threads on here.

2 Wessex were better anyway! :D

Barrack Room Lawyer said:
Do a search for "Wessex Regiment" mate, theres a few threads on here.

2 Wessex were better anyway! :D
:lol: your entitled to your opinion :D
thanks for the tip ill search that thread ...cheers

iowman said:
Hi am ex 6pl B coy 1 wessex if that helps.
hi,when were you in bcoy,can you tell me when you joined and when you left,we might have met on s.p.t.a.[salisbury.plane.training.area],or on a cadre..i joined acoy bristol in 1983, i whent to rollestone camp to do my recruits cadre in 1983,then went to canada as part of EX POND JUMP WEST,on attachment to the gloucester regiment...i did my nco cadre at rollestone in 1984... :D cheers

Served in both 1st and 2nd Bns. 17 Pln, E Coy in Plymouth with 1st Bn, B and C Coys of 2 Wessex.
( ..with an act like mine you gotta keep moving... :) )

Served in both 1st and 2nd Bns. 17 Pln, E Coy in Plymouth with 1st Bn, B and C Coys of 2 Wessex.
( ..with an act like mine you gotta keep moving... :) )
There are still a few members of 17 Pl knocking about (believe it or not!), I'll PM you a few names to see if you recognise them. The bar in Millbay still has the roll of honour board with the members of 17 Pl that went on to be the founder members of A Coy 4D&D.

I was D Coy 1 Wessex, I think I might have been on the same recruits cadre in the summer of 83 (but it was at the small camp at the bottom of the hill) at Westdown.

Good God. I was in 2 Wessex 1975-77 before joining the Big Boys' Army. Fun times, even if we were jealous of all the Gucci kit the First Battalion gigolos got, as part of their role.

I've got to admit Wessex is a nice area, but I don't like going...

You're out on the town for a nice pint of beer, but you always have the nagging suspicion you're going to wake up in a wicker man.

Ex 17 Platoon, E Coy, 1 Wessex 84-85 before joining the Regs - transferred to the Oz Army after Colour Service ended last year and am now in Sydney - one of the blokes in my platoon is Ex 2 Wessex ... who'd have thought that eh?

11 Pl D Coy 2 Wessex at Newbury 1989-1992.

msr